Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, going to do a gearbox oil change on my 1.4 ma giulietta, does anyone have any tips or advise on how to do this or is it just a straight forward prosedure, i've got the fuchs titan sintofluid 75w fe sae, also i'm going to change the multi air oil strainer so any advise on this would be good too, cheers.

·
Registered
38,691 Posts
Make sure you can undo the filler on top of the gearbox before you undo the drain.

The last thing you want is to be stuck with a box that you cannot refil.

This might sound obvious, but the filler is harder to get to than the drain, and if you haven't got the right tools you could easily end up in a predicament.

A funnel with a hose attached should help the refil procedure as well.

As with the engine oil, make sure it is nice and warm when you drain it as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guy's, does anyone have a thread or pic's on the gearbox and filler/drain plug, cheers:thumbup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guy's, just to let you all know that the gearbox oil is changed and new m/a oil strainer fitted, also added a gearbox oil additive to help ease the hesitation of engaging first gear, seem's to be ok and no problems so far but need to run a few more miles yet, time will tell but will keep you all updated, thanks for the reply's:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts