Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

The GT is going in for a clutch change next Tuesday! As such, my gearbox will be removed from the car - I've asked my mechanic to change the oil in that while he's doing the job. Whilst that's removed, will the anti roll bar be accessible? I know its behind a lot of parts like the front subframe when the cars all together - if its exposed once he's removed the gearbox bits I'll ask him to put some new ARB bushes on!

Naturally the next job on my list is the front wishbones.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Morning all,

The GT is going in for a clutch change next Tuesday! As such, my gearbox will be removed from the car - I've asked my mechanic to change the oil in that while he's doing the job. Whilst that's removed, will the anti roll bar be accessible? I know its behind a lot of parts like the front subframe when the cars all together - if its exposed once he's removed the gearbox bits I'll ask him to put some new ARB bushes on!

Naturally the next job on my list is the front wishbones.
Depends how he's getting at the clutch...

The job can be done without removing the subframe, but this can be fiddly...

If you've got other jobs to do at the same time (ARB bushes, lower wishbones) then it's probably easier to just drop the subframe in the first place.. The extra time you spend getting the subframe off is saved when the rest of the jobs get that much simpler without it in the way...

Question is whether you want to add another few hundred in parts to an already expensive clutch job!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure don't at this stage! The clutch replacement is already setting me back almost £700, which hurts at this time of the year. The wishbones will be getting done in the near future but I'd rather stagger the work due to the prices really - I was just hoping he would have to remove the subframe and thus have easy access :thumbup:

Maybe I'll just buy the bushes as they're cheap enough, and ask him to put them in for a bit extra if he happens to remove the subframe - I assume if that's the case they're easy to get to?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts