Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Got 2 of no 6 in stock, let me know if you want them

Everything apart from No 9 is still available from your friendly local dealer, part nos as follows:

No 6 11064074
No 7 60502651
No 8 60502648

Those clips aren't a very good design, why not modify No1 in the diagram by drilling a small hole in the end of the shaft where No 6 normally goes and inserting an R clip through the hole. I did that about 12 years ago and have never had a problem since....

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Richard, I thought that the parts were no longer available, last time I went to order them I had the last one.
I will call my supplier on Monday, can't believe a 50p part renders a car unusable.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rich, do you have a kit I could buy, if not could I buy 1 of no6 please and get you to post it to me on Monday please.
PM me your land line and I will call you
Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Try having the purchaser of your 2002 GTV in the car with you and on going around a corner and going to change gear only to have the lever go floppy in your hand. This is because AR in their wisdom used a plastic bush which eventually gives out. Replacement part a few p.
On the question of gear linkages, does anyone know a source for the bush at the top of the fork where the gear lever goes through on a 1986 Sprint? On page 77 of the Haynes manual Fig 6.15, this is No.6 - Pivot bush; also the bushes at the bottom of this fork in the gearbox extension?
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know the correct name for the clip on the far left, not an e clip, a clip, I cant find one exactly the same.

I have been informed that the aforementioned clip and the big clip should be used together, I have never been able to get them both on and just use the 3rd along, any tips as I am going to try this time.

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Al,

dont change that clip mate, its the worst clip I've ever seen !

Drill a hole in your lever pin and instead of that clip use the kind that goes into the hole and splits in half when it gets out the other side.

Like this one ! (sorry mate, I just dont know how you call this in English. We call them "Kavilia"

·
Registered
741 Posts
Al,

dont change that clip mate, its the worst clip I've ever seen !

Drill a hole in your lever pin and instead of that clip use the kind that goes into the hole and splits in half when it gets out the other side.

Like this one ! (sorry mate, I just dont know how you call this in English. We call them "Kavilia"
Split pin

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Al, dont change that clip mate, its the worst clip I've ever seen !
Dont you mean DO change that clip? :)

I may not need to as I will be fitting a 1.3 sud box soon, well next year, hopefully my replacement will last until then.

If you don't hear from me its because my car is facing down a hill and there is a car infront. I have chocks but have no choice but to do it there :( car may end up squashing me.

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
It happened to a couple of friends many times mate and I went to the rescue !

No need to lift up the car to do this, as long as the exhausts arent hot.

Just lay on your back and reach for it, kick in 2nd gear with a screwdriver or by hand and drive it to a safer place where you can work under it :)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good point, I will try and put the selector back on and see if I can get it in reverse, then I can coast downhill to a flat place. My car is lowered and I'm not as slim as I used to be, working on that though :) so I may need to jack it up bit, maybe not too much. It happened to me many years ago as I pulled away from a set of lights, 1st gear then porridge, I intentionally pulled up half on the curb and spent 20-30 mins looking for the clip, found it, got covered in grease from under the car, it was summer so I did it with no top on so my clothes didn’t get dirty. I went to the pub and asked for some sugar and soap and washed myself off in the WC, I saw a couple of fit ladies checking me out lol, this was in the height of my gymnastics carrier so I was in shape

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sorry Al, I think the part number I provided for the clip has now been superceded, the part number on the bag of clips I have is 11064074. If you still want the ones I've got let me know.

As I previously suggested and Chris agrees, you'll be better off modifying your linkage and getting rid of the clip altogether. Here's a pic of mine, sorry its not great, my gearbox is buried in my parts store so access for a photo was limited, hopefully you get the idea though

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Dickyb
I have put the little c clip on instead of the larger one. and will keep the larger one in the car just incase.
The groove seems only large enough for one thing, the larger one's center it too big for the main shaft I think.
I plan on fitting my sud box, not sure how that one is held on though, so might not need any mods.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts