Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm short of one engine to gesrbox threaded bar to bolt them together? Can you just pass a normal bolt through of the right strength? Or are there any other options??

I've tried to get one from the normal suppliers. Any help greatfuly recived.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Can you get a picture of the type you want, with measurement (I assume the missing one is similar to the others that you do have)? I may have one knocking around somewhere.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I'm short of one engine to gesrbox threaded bar to bolt them together? Can you just pass a normal bolt through of the right strength? Or are there any other options??

I've tried to get one from the normal suppliers. Any help greatfuly recived.
threaded bar?
are you trying to replace a missing "stud" with a nut and bolt?
or, a missing bolt, with a bolt of equal length/threadpitch and tensile strength?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys I wasn't very clear with my description. Its one of the four threaded bars that attach the gearbox to the engine. Picture attached. If you have one that would be great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,568 Posts
I only have machine screws (nuts and bolts) on mine. In fact there is no sign of any thread on the engine block for a stud (what you are calling a threaded bar) to screw into.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts

This time with the picture.....

New_Alfa,

try germany

Alfa-Service

notice the 2 different thread pitches (one side should be 8x1,0mm / the other 8x1,25mm)

if the link doesn't direct you straight to item, then it is their part # 03 143 0 0

hope it helps

EDIT: actually Classic Alfa has them as well (just noticed), their part number EN135

Dom

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All thank you for your help. I have a stud coming from Germany now, Classic Alfa were out of stock. Also managed to find another part I was having difficulty locating so good call Dom thank you.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I replaced mine with regular grade 8.8 bolts (with appropriate shank)- makes it much easier to get the gearbox in and out. Should I have used a fancier grade bolt?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that'll be ok, methinks...
Dom
Quick update. I got the threaded bar from Germsny and fitted it. Putting the gearbox back on today. Question are there any torque settings to tighten the engine and gearbox together or is it just a tighten till you can't! I can't see any reference to this in the manual or on the sites!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Quick update. I got the threaded bar from Germsny and fitted it. Putting the gearbox back on today. Question are there any torque settings to tighten the engine and gearbox together or is it just a tighten till you can't! I can't see any reference to this in the manual or on the sites!
I couldn't find torque specs for bellhousing>engine in my S4 manual either

I guess that is because you'd be hard pressed to get a wrench in there, unless the engine and box were out of the car.
But, I wouldn't go mad tight on those.......nice n' snug with a normal ratchet with a drop of loctite maybe for good measure (unless the nuts are plastic lined locknuts;)

a suggestion of ca 15 ft/lbs here
Bellhousing - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

1 - 12 of 12 Posts