Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new G Veloce was parked at the supermarket, when I tried to select Drive it felt solid(to the gear stick) and each time I applied pressure(to the gear stick) there was a clicking noise behind the steering wheel. Turned off then on again still solid, pressed brake pedal even more but no luck, I applied more force to the gear stick and it crunched a bit and moved down into Drive, all was ok after that. Has anyone any ideas what happened?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yup,

Straight back to the dealer!
it needs the mechanism greasing as it clearly hasn't been done.

I got told on my 50 mile old car it was normal....even after i had the full force of a tech manager trying to shift it out of park with no luck (and he wasnt exactly a slim man). so i left it in the middle of the forecourt.
He still stuck to his guns that it was normal after fixing it though.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup,

Straight back to the dealer!
it needs the mechanism greasing as it clearly hasn't been done.

I got told on my 50 mile old car it was normal....even after i had the full force of a tech manager trying to shift it out of park with no luck (and he wasnt exactly a slim man). so i left it in the middle of the forecourt.
He still stuck to his guns that it was normal after fixing it though.
Ok thanks, I'll email them see what they say, trouble is it's an hour and twenty mins drive, we have no local dealers in Lincolnshire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts