Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened twice, could only move up to third or down to fourth. Heated and defrosted car. Still nothing. Called AA. When they came, an ahour later, still same for him, put it in third and moved forward, then was able to go into full gear range.

His report said:

Gear lever not moving across gate. Seemed stiff/frozen.

No advice, other than 'It's an Alfa, don't you watch Top Gear? [smirk]' hahahaha

Happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Happened twice, could only move up to third or down to fourth. Heated and defrosted car. Still nothing. Called AA. When they came, an ahour later, still same for him, put it in third and moved forward, then was able to go into full gear range.

His report said:

No advice, other than 'It's an Alfa, don't you watch Top Gear? [smirk]' hahahaha

Happened to anyone else?
Not happened on my Mito but had a Grande Punto Sporting 1.9 Diesel before this car and it used to freeze its gear lever. If you look where the gear linkage is on top of the gear box you will see water drips onto here and then freezes the linkage. I tried to have it fixed but Fiat didnt have a clue how to. Seems things freezing on Italian cars is all too common!

·
Registered
1 Posts

His report said:

Happened to anyone else?
You are not alone - Happened three times now on ours, rang our local dealer, who said "no idea - call the AA":(

it thaws out eventually, was thinking of trying to work out what was freezing and then trying to grease it somehow - Very new to this forum - anyone tell me where would be best to look or even if this is worth trying? Also would a car cover help or is this weather just too extreme?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts