Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On selecting a gear or when in neutral the gearstick is loose. Removed the cover and had a look down past the foam insulation and could see the housing for he shifter moves somewhat but if I hold it still it only helps a little. I've only really noticed it latly and its a pain as finding 5th is sloppy.

Is there a bush easily accessible? Or is it a big job?

Thanks

·
Administrator
87,588 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
You have to remove the exhaust and the tunnel underguard on all the cars and remove the gear lever mechanism from underneath on all cars. the good news is the mechanism seems to be the same for all cars with the same transmission, or close enough to get away with it, i replaced the 6 speed manual gear change lever and housing from my V6 156 with one from a GT 1.9 JTD for instance and it's been fine. I may even have a spare in the garage.
If you're interested you can PM me and I'll have a look.

·
Administrator
87,588 Posts
As a new member he can't send or receive PMs until he's made 10+ posts & been a member for 14+ days.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
And by his site name could Ryan be in Spain?

·
Registered
446 Posts
And by his site name could Ryan be in Spain?
Says Ireland under his name Gazza

You are correct David. In my haste to prove useful I had overlooked his newbie status. . . I guess he can reply in the thread if he's genuinely interested but they'll have breakers in Ireland . . . or Spain

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, my name never ceases to confuse :devious:

I'm in Ireland but my surname is Spain :thumbup:

Yorkshirekeith your advice proved more than helpful! Had a breaker have a look and he confirmed he had a part to match. Had a friend with axle jacks and some patience to replace it and it like new (even though the part was used!).

Thanks for help guys! :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts