Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Sir,

I am coming from Hong Kong and I have an Alfa Romeo 155/TS/2.0/8V(year 93) and my car gear shift is down yeaterady.

When I park my car and Shift to R gear but the engine stop. Then, I found the Gear lever cannot return to normal position automatically and like no spring at all. Then I try to shift it R and try to park my car but my car still keep move forward like first gear....

I would like to consult to you
1./ Is it the gear box down and I need to exhange the whole gear box?
2./ Is it the spring broken down ? Can I repair by myself.
3./ If anyone have the Alfa 155 gear box diagram and repair instruction, pls kindly advise me.

Thank you very much your advise. I love my car very much but very difficult to get parts in Hong Kong !

Max Wang
[email protected] :confused:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
It sounds like you may be lucky (?!) and your problem is the gear linkages. You need to get your car on ramps and take a good look underneath for worn or broken linkage pins, bolts or bushes. It does sound like a link has broken. A good garage may be able to fix this without Alfa parts but you need to take a look first to see how bad it is.

Be happy, at least it may not be the expensive gearbox!

Check your profile email for more details.

All the best luck..

·
Registered
189 Posts
Had a problem with reverse a long time ago...

look under the leather cover for the gear lever and see if the wire which fits into the clip on the reverse gear collar has come loose.

Insulating tape fixes it nicely wink

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!

I follow Chris advise and found that it the linkage breakdown. Therefore, the workshop just wedd it and then my car running again.

Thank you very much !

Max in HK

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi as a newbie, I am also having a problem with reverse gear. I removed the gear lever gaiter to find the broken cable GRRRR... Where should the other end go to and would anybody be able to advise me as to where to find a replacement as 247Spares quoted £117+VAT:cry:

Many thanks in advance for any help in this matter

Damian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts