Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have just had the gear position sensor replaced on my veloce 170 2012 due to the ss not available and engine management light on, all seems fine atm as in no warning lights and the dna switch works again, I was just wondering what goes wrong with the sensor? as I thought I read the wires break, I have just looked at the old one they took out but no broken wires. ss still is not working it never has worked and not too bothered that it doesn’t I just thought it might that’s all.

·
Registered
236 Posts
SS not working is most likely the battery even if it seems okay. Even with a good battery, it has a mind of its own. Sometimes turning SS off and then on can spur it into action.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It won’t be the battery with mine as it’s a new varta one I have, as long as I don’t get the warning lights back and dna works then I’m happy with that.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Ok I have just had the gear position sensor replaced on my veloce 170 2012 due to the ss not available and engine management light on, all seems fine atm as in no warning lights and the dna switch works again, I was just wondering what goes wrong with the sensor? as I thought I read the wires break, I have just looked at the old one they took out but no broken wires. ss still is not working it never has worked and not too bothered that it doesn’t I just thought it might that’s all.
I think sometimes it just moves!? Then is doesn't sense when neutral is engaged
( that's a contradiction is terms surely lol)
My SS doesn't work at all but if I stall the car the LCD asks me to depress the clutch and hey presto, car starts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts