Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Been a while since I've had to start a thread for answers on a problem..

My gear change has been a bit notchy and floppy since i've had the car, but yesterday it suddenly got a bit worse..

It now feels notchy going into all gears, especially between 3rd & 4th where it makes knocking noise around the selector gator when in the neutral position.

Any idea on what needs replaced, I know there are many threads on the subject suggesting different causes. Will the following kit do the trick? Gear Linkage Bushes 'Top Hat' - Autolusso New Parts Shop and is it easy enough to fit?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

The gear lever centres just fine - just feels looser and theres a bit of resistance and a sort of clicking sound from the selector when engaging the gears.

Any other things to be replacing when in-about the selector? Also, are there any particular techniques for getting at the linkage, would like to avoid damaging the interior with my ham-fisted ways.

Cheers

·
Registered
318 Posts
how much of a job to replace these? is it an inside the car job or more mechanical? any help or advise as i could do with relacing mine to tighten up the gears

scott.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
To replace the whole cable? Exhaust and subframe off... not quite as easy as you'd like.

I need a new clip thingy on the end of one of mine.. on the to do list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts