Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hope someone will be able to help me with this. After the engine blew up 18 months ago I've finally got my 156 jtd working again, and I thought I'd get the sticky gearbox issue sorted before MoT (tomorrow, haha!!) as the stick wasn't returning to neutral (seems quite a common problem so I see!!).

I did all the battery removal and air intake outta the way... BUT whilst undoing the 17mm nut to remove the rod to get the gunk cleaned and greased, i managed to remove the thread from the rod itself so couldn't get the nut off! A few quid on a nut splitter later and the nut is now off, but the gear selector linkage rod thingy is now about as useful as a chocolate teapot given the lack of thread to put it back in! I have scoured the Internet thingy for answers as to where to get a replacement, what it's called, part numbers, and nothing has come up.

Does anyone have any idea as to what it is actually called or part numbers and if I can also get a replacement nut for it too... Or on the off chance anyone has one they don't need?!

Cheers all

·
Registered
69 Posts
The nut is the easy bit 12574521.
The selector shaft is a bit more difficult as it doesn't appear to be identified in eper as an individual part which will mean that you have to go to the next higher assembly which is the complete selector shaft - I suspect that will be expensive.
You may be able to persuade a breaker to supply one if he has a totally shot box,but if the gearbox is servicable they tend to want to sell them complete with shafts.
Any half decent engineering shop should be able to restore the diameter with weld & recut a thread, or reverse engineer a new shaft from the old one's dimensions, mill the old one out of the plate & weld the new one in.
Maybe someone from Auto Lusso has seen this before & may have a part number, I just can't find one - sorry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's one out of two... Better than nothing, cheers!

I've emailed auto lusso - will see what they say... Unless anyone here's got one to spare?! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts