Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was just driving back from work, and lost all the gears. The gear stick just wouldn't go into a gear.

I looked under the bonnet and found that the gear linkage had popped off. See pics below.

My problem is - how tight is the fit meant to be when i put it back on?? as it just seems to pop of easily???? The gears all work now - i just can't help thinking that it's not on properly. Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
The linkages get worn as they get old. If its come off then its prob time for a new one. You can increase their life by putting grease in them when they are new. Bit late now though.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
33 Posts
You may have just lost the small plastic retaining clip, that holds the linkage onto the pivot. I guess main dealer would post you out new parts if req. My dealer in Chester is really good. They posted me all the bits i needed when I replaced the gear linkage bushes a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I don't know if this is any good, but ePer has 2 "dampers", 46738443
and 60623950, about £10. It shows how difficult it is to look up parts when you ring up. I recently replaced the installed 147 service manual virtual CD with the elearn for the C****, otherwise I might have got something useful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've just had the same problem, I was wondering how your problem ended. Did you just replace the clip. Or the cables as well ??
Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, i'm facing the same problem too, could one of the fellow members that had the same problem kindly tell us if you can change the clip or do i have to replace the whole cable?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ive had the exact same fault and think Im being ripped off. £250 for cables clip and putting it all together. grrr Trouble is mine is so worn I cant drive it to another garage!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am refreshing the thread as lately the same thing happened in my 147. The linkage just popped of the pivot and the gearbox stayed on 1st gear. No other gears could be engaged. I was able to temporarily fix it by binding linkage to pivot with a steel wire.

Do you know if whole linkage should be changed (which is a bigger job) or it's just the problem of replacing the clip (part no: 46827488)?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts