Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I taken a Alfa 147 in with a broken gear linkage, its broken at the end where the ball attatches to the small ball that points upwards on the bracket on top of the gearbox.

I've been told by a good friend who's a member on the forum that the cables are an ar*@hole to change so i thought id see if there's a easier way around it just to get it back driving.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I went to the alfa chap in Burgess Hill when mine was broken, his name is Kevin he sorted it fast and was cheap.He gets an alfa in every week for servicing and now i know why. Its good not to have to go to a main dealer rather go to a real alfa nut!!

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
It is something of a pain to replace the whole cable - it is the cable that's broken, not the bracket with the ball?

If you need to replace the whole cable, essentially you need to unclip the outer cables where they go into the bracket (a pain in their own) then have to drop the exhaust, then undo all the 10mm nuts holding the heat shield and undertray in place - and IIRC four 13 mm nuts that go through the subframe, and disconnect the handbrake linkage...need also to remove the gear and handbrake gaiters....then the whole undertray should rop down...unless I've forgotten anything:lol:

Replacement is the reverse of removal, as they say!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers guys,

Agreed kevin (seymour beaver) in burgess hill knows his stuff.

It the end that goes onto the ball on the bracket thats messed up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts