Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I´ve been repairing my alfa 147 with the typical problem of a stiffy gear change. Everything was ok until the moment of connecting the wires to the gear selection plate ,when i went inside the car it results that the gear stick was completelly on the right, as it was always on 5th and reverse gears (I drive on the left). So trying to understand what happens i´ve been moving the gear and cheking where the neutral position was and it results that when the stick is in neutral position the wire is about 1cm longer that it should be, so...I don´t undestand what happens and why. has it some kind of regulation? or the wire became longer than it was in the begining and now is too long? If no solution I will have to do some invention...

Help please. :titanic:

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
So they are the same cables that were on there prior to doing repairs but now they are incorrect size?
If that’s the case it has to be something you have disturbed or done.
Are the cables the same way round I.e connecting the correct cable to correct arm on gearbox?
Have you moved any plates/brackets on gearbox that could have been put back in wrong place?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So they are the same cables that were on there prior to doing repairs but now they are incorrect size?
If that’s the case it has to be something you have disturbed or done.
Are the cables the same way round I.e connecting the correct cable to correct arm on gearbox?
Have you moved any plates/brackets on gearbox that could have been put back in wrong place?
They are the same cables but I have doubts that if the spring after working wrong so many time is now in a position that doesn´t fits exactly with the gear box because it wasn´t returning to its place.

Cables I´m sure each one is in its place.

Not really, even if I move the arm I can detect the 6 gears (1,2,3,4,5,R)...or it should be 7 with neutral? Now i´m full of doubts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solved!!!!

I was puting the arm on the top instead of inside of the action arm of the gearbox. :rofl:

Today from first moment i saw it. Too many hours working. :jester:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts