Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I love my 166, anyone who owns one does i suppose, but the other thing interior wise that gets me is the fact that the gaiter aroudn the gear lever is stuffed.

it is ok at teh top and stays at teh top of the gear lever BUT the bottom looks like someone took hold of it and ripped it from its "housing" in the surround.

can anyone answer me if it is an easy job to replace?

I am a real numpty with stuff like this.

TIA

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mate that would be good

how much you want for it?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Has the gaitor itself actually torn or has it just come unattached from the black retaining rectangular bracket that clips in place underneath the surround? There are half a dozen or so tabs that should feed through some small slits in the gaiter to hold it in place, and these can break resulting in it flapping about.

If its is this, then you will either need to replace that retaining bracket or, if the prongs of the clips are still pretruding enough to still do through the gaitor, use some strong ducktape over the top of it. Quite easy to do the latter and hide it from view.

Take a look at the ICS removal thread in the Haynes manual if you need to see how to remove the surround.

HTH

Bob

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Mine was detached at the base, it's quite easy to remove the trim and refit it (just be careful not to break the clips).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts