Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, just wondering whether anyone has any specific tips for how to remove and refit gear lever and handbrake boots safely? I have new ones but don't want to go blundering in and risk snapping clips etc.
I have searched the forum (and Youtube etc.) but couldnt find much on this topic.
Any help gratefully received chaps.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi folks, just wondering whether anyone has any specific tips for how to remove and refit gear lever and handbrake boots safely? I have new ones but don't want to go blundering in and risk snapping clips etc.
I have searched the forum (and Youtube etc.) but couldnt find much on this topic.
Any help gratefully received chaps.
For the gear lever, the console must come out. From underneath you will see clips that pull off - easy. I did this when I repainted the console.

As for the handbrake, not sure.

cheers

Robert

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, thanks a lot fellas.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gear lever is done after a bit of fiddling. Handbrake boot is a bit more tricky as the actual "leather" fabric is glued / heat bonded to the frame, oh yes, and the frame is broken in two places as well!
I can't see how to get the fabric off the frame apart from using a scalpel but then the new leather boot isnt going to go back on the same way....
Hmmmmm:irked:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just done both the handbrake and gear lever gaiters on mine with red stitched leather. Looks so much better. Also found out the the 147 gear knowb is a straight swap and looks perfect in the 916 cockpit now

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just done both the handbrake and gear lever gaiters on mine with red stitched leather. Looks so much better. Also found out the the 147 gear knowb is a straight swap and looks perfect in the 916 cockpit now
Good stuff. How did you replace the handbrake boot? Was it a pain?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts