Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

the gear knob on my spidder has come lose and its very annoying ! Can't she how to remove it to tighten up, or how to fix it, don't want to twist it and damage thus anyone know how to thighten it up, ot take the knob off to tighten after if that makes sence :confused:

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I think it will be the same as the 159, gently prise out the metal centre piece with a small screw driver or similar and then tighten up the 10mm nut underneath

·
Registered
813 Posts
I think it will be the same as the 159, gently prise out the metal centre piece with a small screw driver or similar and then tighten up the 10mm nut underneath
+1 Accept the centre is plastic (i wish it was metal). So gently lever this out being careful not to damage the leather surround and then tighten the bolt. May be worth using lock tight etc.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
The metal insert at the top of the gear stick does just lever out. It has a lug that sits under the leather of the knob.
Under it is the bolt that holds the actual gear lever in place.

I used a crew driver to prize it up, dead easy.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It actually is. And it's not metal it's plastic!

Also if you insert your flat screwdriver in at the 3 o'clock position it's slips straight out.

Lovely jubbly haha ;)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Was worried about damaging either the silver plastic or marking the leather (I am very particular) but it really is very easy to do and now we have no annoying rattles!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts