Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
someone had an italian coloured one but cant remember who....

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ Looks nice mate, couldn't find that when I was searching, how much did it cost you if you don't mind me asking? Also where did you get that silver top for the cup holder? Or does it come with the smokers pack?

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
I got a set of gaiters from them but with silver stitching and they look great when fitted, sorry not got any photos handy. A tip for you, look through their other items for sale, the price for GTV ones varied between £12.99 and £19.99, there listing says ask about different colours for stitching. Find the one for £12.99 and on your order state the colour you want for leather and stitching.....saving £7.00....:)

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a set of gaiters from them but with silver stitching and they look great when fitted, sorry not got any photos handy. A tip for you, look through their other items for sale, the price for GTV ones varied between £12.99 and £19.99, there listing says ask about different colours for stitching. Find the one for £12.99 and on your order state the colour you want for leather and stitching.....saving £7.00....:)
Nice tip mate thanks, was wanting red stitching as I have etna black paint, so its to "match" the paint...I know it wont match for 355 days of the year, but that 1 day when it is sunny and the red in the paint is shimmering in the sun, it will match!! :lol:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
It was me Tess,this is the one I have fitted to mine also bought off the bay.
i thought it was you knox....my memory is sooo bad....:)

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Managed to get a photo of mine today........:)...it was supplied with plenty of length to trim to your own preference, stitching was very neat.....:thumbs:...another tip.....look for ones with free postage....

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Managed to get a photo of mine today........:)...it was supplied with plenty of length to trim to your own preference, stitching was very neat.....:thumbs:...another tip.....look for ones with free postage....
Very nice, lovely interior too! :thumbs:

Was it difficult to trim it then? I would end up f**king it up and going too short! :lol:

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Very nice, lovely interior too! :thumbs:

Was it difficult to trim it then? I would end up f**king it up and going too short! :lol:
I started by fitting them full length but they looked too scrunched (hope thats a word )up, so to make sure I didn't mess up the new ones I trimmed the old vinyl ones till they were right and then cut the leather ones too suit. Where I had to cut the stitching I re-sewed that with nylon thread and then superglued the ends to stop it coming loose. Make sure you fit the handbrake one with the brake released or it will pull too tight at the rear. Good luck and post some pics when it's done, they make a big difference.......:thumbs:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I started by fitting them full length but they looked too scrunched (hope thats a word )up, so to make sure I didn't mess up the new ones I trimmed the old vinyl ones till they were right and then cut the leather ones too suit. Where I had to cut the stitching I re-sewed that with nylon thread and then superglued the ends to stop it coming loose. Make sure you fit the handbrake one with the brake released or it will pull too tight at the rear. Good luck and post some pics when it's done, they make a big difference.......:thumbs:
Nice tip mate! Yeah I will do, still debating it all atm.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Found these on the bay today around £30 inc p&p.
They would look good with these mats, with the red stitching and rectangle Italian flag. However would want the handbrake and gear gaitors to match, otherwise it might look a bit disjointed :confused:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
That set I posted a pic on earlier is the handbrake as well as the gearlever cover.
That pic set is properly my favourite so far and for £30ish not at all badly priced...could be better though :lol:, as its coming direct from Italy too!! Mmmmm very tempted. How long did your other one take to come to you? Also did you have to trim yours down to fit?

EDIT: it appears yours comes with the plastic just to clip it straight in, whereas the other set seems not to and you will therefore have to reuse your own plastic clip and properly have to trim to fit.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Oh and you don't have a link for it either mate? Cannot seem to locate it on ebay. Cheers

EDIT: Found it..here it is if anyone else is interested.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts