Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've already done a search for this but most of the threads are really old with no definitive answers.

Just developed a clunk when changing up from 2-3 and 3-4. More noticeable when warmed up. It's when I do a quick gear change - if I do a smooth one then it doesn't happen.

Odd description this but It sounds (and feels) very much like a can/bottle rolling in the boot and hitting the rear sets - I've checked and there are no bottles in there! No other noises at all, and driving fine.

It's definitely only just appeared as my driving style hasn't changed, and I've had the car for 4 years now.

1.9 jtdm 115,000 miles.

Any ideas - or am I OK to continue with 'smooth changes' for the time being?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Hhhhmmmmm, took the bravery of a couple of beers to post an update on this one.

Is there a prize for twit of the week (feel free to remove the w or change the i to an a in the word twit).

Called at the garage on the way home - took the owner for a quick spin and replicated the problem right away. Put it on the ramp nothing obvious - he decided to take it for a quick spin and after 20 yards he stopped quite suddenly. Learned into the glove box and pulled out the misuses perfume bottle that was hitting the glove box door under acceleration.

Apologies for wasting anybody's time who read the post.

He didn't let me leave with any dignity either - he told the whole shop, customers included :paperbag:

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Haha, nice one Tony, you've brightened up my day!
I hope words have been exchanged with your good lady!

Reactions: tony4hop

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't tell her - it''ll be all around the family and friends in no time at all - don't mind sharing it from behind a keyboard but I have to keep some sort of dignity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts