Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gear change in my new MiTo doesn't seem to flow when changing from 4th to 5th.
I am having to out into neutral and then after about 2 seconds and the slide it into 5th. Even this slide seems to feel clunky as though it doesn't want to get it in.
I will speak with the garage tomorrow after I have driven to work just to see if its just me.
But in the meantime has anyone had a similar problem or have any idea what it could be so I can tell the garage?:confused:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i've got the 1.4 16v non turbo engine and the gearbox and clutch are probably the best i've ever used, the box is slick through all gears and the clutch has just the right amount of feel, you should contact the dealer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a Grande Punto Sporting before and that was fine and as this MiTo is based on the Grande it is defiantly not right.
Phone call to dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I have no complaints whatsoever about the gearbox, in fact its the best I've had.
Hope you get yours fixed soon :thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
Well it better be sorted quickly as I only picked it up Saturday
Difficult to say without driving your car, but gearbox's can get smoother as you drive them in....so maybe its just that your car is still new with low useage?

·
Registered
497 Posts
My gearbox got smoother over the first 400-500 miles of driving (going into 3rd was a bit clunky, but smooth now).

I find that you have to be firm with the change, don't dawdle, and the gearchange is one of the smoothest i have driven!

·
Registered
336 Posts
when i test drove the mito i thought the gear change to be a bit wishy woshy but after 3 months of ownership i can confirm that the 5 speeder in the 120 is very smooth and acurate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts