Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I addition to everything posted so far, I got a good result on changing the gearbox oil using Redline MT 75-90 its a GL 4 oil and is very much an improvement if your M32 gearbox has a GL5 oil in it. Drain the oil from the bottom of the diff housing and it all comes out.
Hi pal I used fuchs Titan sintofluid which is a 75w80 not sure on what GL it is though. Didn't make the slightest bit of difference. This pivot pin though my god can't believe its worked when the garge told me it was the cables seizing up.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Nice one mate glad it’s sorted and didn’t cost anything (assuming you can get refund in parts) the clip is fiddly but can be done just make sure pun is all the way in and persist with trying to get it back on. Try again tomorrow with fresh head sure it will go back at first attempt

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Hi pal I used fuchs Titan sintofluid which is a 75w80 not sure on what GL it is though. Didn't make the slightest bit of difference. This pivot pin though my god can't believe its worked when the garge told me it was the cables seizing up.
That is the oil Opie list, but it is GL5, its what I replaced with the Redline.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice one mate glad it’s sorted and didn’t cost anything (assuming you can get refund in parts) the clip is fiddly but can be done just make sure pun is all the way in and persist with trying to get it back on. Try again tomorrow with fresh head sure it will go back at first attempt

Yep thats the plan, similar to the way i tackle my coding issues which is my actual job! Ive been dreading this for a while so to know its not cost a penny is incredible. Cant thank you enough @johnnyroper. Just checked ebay and ive been refunded. Well pleased to say the least, saved £100!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Always try the FB page or this forum first - bags of knowledge
Its funny you mention that, Im an avid user of the m3cutters and audisrs forums. For some reason i just dont come to this forum often. Will not be the case going forward.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Managed to get put today, popped off the gear cables (was actually very easy), used abit of sand paper in between the holes and lightly used on the pin itself. Probably worth noting there was not a single bit of rust on the pin. Greased up the pin and slid it in. With the cables off putting the clip on was very easy. Tighted it back up with some long nose pliers , then took it for a drive. Difference is night a day. I would like to make it a bit smoother as I feel it can still be improved but non the less massive positive.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Give that pin a real good sand so all the black marking is gone and it will be lovely and smooth when refitted with some lube.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Give that pin a real good sand so all the black marking is gone and it will be lovely and smooth when refitted with some lube.
You didnt read Nad-UK's post did you?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yes I did read his post and going on my experience the pin needed a damn good sanding to get it clean and shiny. I had it out a couple of times to reach the stage where I felt it was feeling normal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
@johnnyroper yep that pic was a before i sanded it down. Even though it didn't need much at all, it has made a huge difference. Been driving it a bit the past few days and Im still amazed that even though the pin was in pretty good nick, the grease and sanding the holes has made such a difference.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts