Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a gta but the gear stick is a bit stiff to move around is this a common problem?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Nope, best to get it looked at hopefully an easy fix. Take it to a reputable independent for a checkover. Saw ur other post and will concur to get q2 fitted first and then suspension if not already done which transform the driving experience.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it an easy job or does the whole gearbox needs dropping? on a differnt note how much is a Q2 diff?

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
battery out, induction pipe off and you can see it say on top of the gearbox. they should be enough, you may need to take out the battery tray too.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Not a difficult job, but if you do take the selector off the gearbox to give it a good cleaning, greasing etc, it does look a bit technical - but all just drops back together. You have to lever off the cable connections from the 2 ball joints that they sit on - but all pretty straight forward. Taking battery and tray out is the boring bit. If I remember there are a couple of hidden bolts around the tray, one perhaps even underneath.

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
Not a difficult job, but if you do take the selector off the gearbox to give it a good cleaning, greasing etc, it does look a bit technical - but all just drops back together. You have to lever off the cable connections from the 2 ball joints that they sit on - but all pretty straight forward. Taking battery and tray out is the boring bit. If I remember there are a couple of hidden bolts around the tray, one perhaps even underneath.
Yep, two underneath.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts