Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit of an anorak point, but it always seems a shame to see cars with plastic stick on GB signs.

I managed to find a nice pressed ally AA GB plate onto which I've glued some magnets with a spacer so that it fits into the concave bit between the number plate and rear lights, (not ideal it seems to work and hasn't fallen off yet), as I didn't want to start drilling holes in the body or bumpers.

Has anyone else bothered with something like this, or do you all have active social lives and don't really care?

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
If we had active social lives we wouldn't be here...

The previous owner of my old 1300 Junior had something similar fitted but removed it before I collected the car!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Has anyone else bothered with something like this, or do you all have active social lives and don't really care?
It's only for the benefit of the French and they can s*d off for all I care :p Anyway, I tend to be going fast enough that a missing GB sticker is the least of my worries :D

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I like it on classics.

Whether its been on holiday or not..... it makes you think the cars been touring the South of France.

·
Registered
365 Posts
You can buy small magnetic flexible GB plates for about £3, think I got mine at Halfrauds.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I just stuck the free one that RAC sent me with my euro breakdown cover (that we didn't need 'cos it didn't break down:D) on the bumper, then peeled it off when we got back to Blighty.:thumbs:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I know you can get them free, but I just think they look a bit naff on a classic car, especially if you have black and silver number plates and have gone to the trouble of detailing it correctly in other respects, but i guess its very subjective.
GB signs do look cool on a car, even if its never been abroad in its life!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Pretty much every car has been abroad at some time in its life. Speaking personally I own a Fiat 125 and Punto which came from Turin and an Alfa 75 from Milan. Last time I checked both cities were in Italy which I think counts as abroad.:p

According to the service history of my 75 it appears to have spent most of its life in Luxembourg despite being right hand drive. Love to know the story behind that.

As for cool stickers that tell you where the car's been, I think this one's the best-

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Or is it Malta stuck on upsidedown??? :cheese::D:thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts