Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I think we should do a run soon as we are heading into the festive season soon.

We have been going Harties side quite a few times now, I'm thinking a run to Kitty Hawk Aerodrome would be nice.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: perhaps Sat 9 or Sun 10 Dec? Or the weekend before? I don't think the 16th or after will work well...
Posted on Milano Works FB as well

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There seems to be some interest brewing for the 9th...

So the idea is to meet at the McDonald's parking at Irene Mall, just off the R21, then travel down the Delmas Rd to Bapsfontein, then a dog leg towards Lynnwood and back out to Kitty Hawk. All nice flowing, non boring roads.

https://goo.gl/maps/JZE56S6Ch6y

·
Registered
883 Posts
As long as we can drag our Alfas down the runway. :yes:
Id still like to compare my stock 2012 GQV against a GQVSC

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
SOunds like a plan..... anyone going to create an event ? I can approve it

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
In for Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I am keen too, either the 9th or the 10th works for me

·
Registered
883 Posts
How many are in support for next weeks run to Kitty Hawk, seems the support is but just a few.
Just a thought here, would it not be easier for most if we changed from 7:00 to say 8:30 and depart @ 9:00.

·
Registered
105 Posts
How many are in support for next weeks run to Kitty Hawk, seems the support is but just a few.
Just a thought here, would it not be easier for most if we changed from 7:00 to say 8:30 and depart @ 9:00.
You'll have traffic issues in that case. Keep it early enough and there will be minimal break-ups of the group. Hell, last time a run was held people got held up by traffic, robots etc and arrived in drips and drabs.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am going on saturday, provided I can get up so early and be on time, we are attending a wedding on friday and that is not the problem, but the afterparty which will carry on till late.
You see.
(Not to hijack the other thread, I post this here)
I have a similar problem, company year end function with a fairly open tab... Gautrain / Uber home...

There was a push from quite a few guys to go early, so I thought let's give it a try, we try vary the runs while fine tuning what works and what doesn't. Let's see how it goes, but yeah maybe a bit too early :cop:

·
Registered
268 Posts
(Not to hijack the other thread, I post this here)
I have a similar problem, company year end function with a fairly open tab... Gautrain / Uber home...

There was a push from quite a few guys to go early, so I thought let's give it a try, we try vary the runs while fine tuning what works and what doesn't. Let's see how it goes, but yeah maybe a bit too early :cop:
Dont think that route will have too much traffic once you are out of the mall parking and past the first two traffic lights. I'm also keen on a little later.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dont think that route will have too much traffic once you are out of the mall parking and past the first two traffic lights. I'm also keen on a little later.
On Milano works it is also advertised for 7 and the popular opinion is happy with 7. I think lets meet each other half way and say we depart at 7:35 for the late sleepers to arrive at 7:30 and we will compound the group again at the Bapsfontein Caltex and meet the guys who missed us at Irene.

Let me know if we should wait at Bapsfontein: oh ate free 419 nein free for seven...

There is a concern about the rain... We leave it each to their own call in the morning... For now it is go ahead, there are a number of guys will still drive in the rain...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks guys and girls, it was a brilliant run, goose umps to see so many Alfa together.

All those nice sounding Guiliettas made my day.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Would like to have joined you all for this, but from where I live now, it would have taken 185 hours to drive there, 13440km!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
It was an awesome run, Fanie, thanks for coming, so I am not the only Spider there:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts