Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved into a new house on Saturday with my SO, and the prerequisite for the move was that the house must have a garage that is big enough for 2 cars plus all the parts etc I have accumulated over the years, plus safe parking for 2 more cars.

Found a house, within budget, in the exact area we needed with a 50sqm garage, plus a garage door that opens up to a courtyard at the back of the house where I can park another car/trailer and I can fit 3/4 other cars in front of the garage behind the security gate in the driveway.

I have packed all of my stuff neatly into the cupboards that came with the house in the garage, have a nice workbench, more than enough space to work on the race car and the Mini is currently parked sideways in the front of the garage as the courtyard doesn't have a roof (must make a plan with that).

To say I am happy with this place is an understatement. It's a bonus that the house itself is also perfect, if not a tad too big right now :thumbs::D

Garage
Packed away

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Lucky bloke! Wish I had a garage for at least one car.
Congrats on your move.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Aaahhh nice man. I would also move if garage space was part of the agreement! Congrats on your new home.

I have garage space for 4 cars and carport space for 2 more. But the garage is full of all sorts of junk at the moment. I think I need to just get rid of everything in there and buy more cars! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Congrats with the move. And yes I need pics on the SC Junior!!

I have a double garage, and is great to have, but it does not have enough space for a DECENT workbench in front of the parked cars :mad: - and the cost to make the garage any longer is prohibitive :eek: I can rather cover the courtyard as you are thinking of :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Lovely. That too was my requrement when I bought our house. Although my garage is a UK-spec thin 1 car garage...eish. I need to extend it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys! So happy with the place, and will start working on the Junior again next week. I'll post pics as we go along! Might be buying wheels for it tonight :thumbs:

Gerrit, you must come past sometime when we are working on the car!:thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.