Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Car: 147 2.0 TS

The work:
Replacing Aux belt, Idler, Tensioner, Cam belt, idler, tensioner, water pump and variator.

The garage is calling me this afternoon with a quote. Closest estimate wins a gold star.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
franhised £600

Indie £400

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Dealer calls.
" Hello, You do realise that the belt change on this car is down as being at 72k miles, because they are soooooooooooooo reliable and we've never had one fail. So being an honest and open dealer I can't possibly take your money off you"

Otherwise, dealer 789 + vat
Indy 480+ vat

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
For a 2.0 twinny At an indie,

Just belt kit, £350

BK and Variator £450

BK, Vari and Water pump £500.

At a stealer start at £750 and go through £850 and £900.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hurrah we are back online, in an interesting shade of grey.

Anyway, the garage did include the balance belt and tensioner. They quoted £650 inc. VAT and labour.

I thought it was a little steep, got them down £25 and got them to throw in an aircon service and recharge as it's kicking out luke warm air.

got it booked in for 1 weeks time, will feel a lot better knowing all the belts are tip top for another 3 years.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got the car back today. The mechanic took the time to show me what had been replaced and how the variator etc worked. Anyhow, it came in at £590 including VAT, £60 cheaper than quoted. And the free aircon recharge has made the car increadibly chilly.

Who was closest to 590?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts