Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good garage in above area. I live in Epsom, I will not touch my local garage with a barge pole, they are Wilsons of Epsom, if anyone knows them. I would rather take my car to a rpimary school and let the kids look at it to be honest :rant:

I have used DTR in Mortlake a few times on previous cars, and they have always seemed pretty good, so may use them again.

But just wondered if anyone else had any thoughts.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well, Autodelta are in west london - North acton. I drive from ealing to Sutton every week day, takes an hour in rush hour, less at other times. so its not too far from you!

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
head straight down the A24 t Rusper Alfa, in Rusper (strangely) not far from Horsham and a damned sight easier to get to from Epsom than Acton.

Angus and Dave are the two guys there. Been working on Alfas since .....well, ages. I personally recommend them very highly.

www.rusperalfaromeo.co.uk

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
As Tif says, Rusper are good.

You could also try Bianco, I've used them for the last 6 years wi th no problems at all, Gary and Harry, top blokes. :)

There is also MDZ Italtec 01293 863853 in Charlwood.

All 3 very highly recommended :D

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
As Tif says, Rusper are good.

You could also try Bianco, I've used them for the last 6 years wi th no problems at all, Gary and Harry, top blokes. :)

There is also MDZ Italtec 01293 863853 in Charlwood.

All 3 very highly recommended :D
Have used Michele (MDZ) a lot in the past also. He's good too :)

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
I am looking for a good garage in above area. I live in Epsom, I will not touch my local garage with a barge pole, they are Wilsons of Epsom, if anyone knows them. I would rather take my car to a rpimary school and let the kids look at it to be honest :rant:

I have used DTR in Mortlake a few times on previous cars, and they have always seemed pretty good, so may use them again.

But just wondered if anyone else had any thoughts.

Wilsons aren't Alfa Dealers anymore. Allams have opened up a new garage just off Hook Road in Epsom - where they also sell Skoda's and service Vauxhalls.

I've just had my car in for a 72k service there. I thought they did a good job generally and didn't charge for a water pump that had originally been a possibility of requiring replacement. I was however slightly disappointed that they didnt wash the car - whereas the previous Dealer I used, Cleveland Cars, always did.

I probably will go back and use them again.

Hope this helps. :) :) :)

·
Banned
1,680 Posts
Wilsons aren't Alfa Dealers anymore. Allams have opened up a new garage just off Hook Road in Epsom - where they also sell Skoda's and service Vauxhalls.

I've just had my car in for a 72k service there. I thought they did a good job generally and didn't charge for a water pump that had originally been a possibility of requiring replacement. I was however slightly disappointed that they didnt wash the car - whereas the previous Dealer I used, Cleveland Cars, always did.

I probably will go back and use them again.

Hope this helps. :) :) :)

Go to Michele or Ruspers !!!! :eek: :cheese:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Try and ring Allams tomorrow, and you go straight through to Wilsons. And you'll be talking to someone who doesn't give a t0ss about your car, nor about the service that he is giving you, because they are a huge garage, therefore too many misinformed people go to them thinking they are good.

Please, believe me, do not ever use Wilsons or anyone affiliated with them. I have had blazing rows with most of the family and nearly started court proceedings against them. Due to the absolutely awful behaviour towards customers. It is actually now my aim in my life to go there once every couple of months and ask to take a car out for a drive that is parked at the furthest point from the road. oh the fun to see them scramble around to try and get the car out :D :D :tut: :tut:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
head straight down the A24 t Rusper Alfa, in Rusper (strangely) not far from Horsham and a damned sight easier to get to from Epsom than Acton.
Not when you work in Chiswick / Brentford it isn't. Thanks I will look into this tomorrow :)

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Try and ring Allams tomorrow, and you go straight through to Wilsons. And you'll be talking to someone who doesn't give a t0ss about your car, nor about the service that he is giving you, because they are a huge garage, therefore too many misinformed people go to them thinking they are good.

Please, believe me, do not ever use Wilsons or anyone affiliated with them. I have had blazing rows with most of the family and nearly started court proceedings against them. Due to the absolutely awful behaviour towards customers. It is actually now my aim in my life to go there once every couple of months and ask to take a car out for a drive that is parked at the furthest point from the road. oh the fun to see them scramble around to try and get the car out :D :D :tut: :tut:
Errrhhh...I've rung Allams on a number of occassions to organise a test drive etc and have been to their garage. I did not go through to Wilsons; neither are they located where Wilsons are/were. I stand to be corrected but I don't think they're anything to do with Wilsons.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm going to stick my neck out here and recommend Bishops in Guildford.

I know my first two years on this board were spent slating them, but they have improved 1000% over the last three years. They pick up and drop off my car, always do the work and explain what they have done and even valet the car.

I would like to think that this is a general thing and not connected to the fact that I threatened to burn the showroom down once !!!!

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
I'm going to stick my neck out here and recommend Bishops in Guildford.

I know my first two years on this board were spent slating them, but they have improved 1000% over the last three years. They pick up and drop off my car, always do the work and explain what they have done and even valet the car.

I would like to think that this is a general thing and not connected to the fact that I threatened to burn the showroom down once !!!!
That's interesting because when I phoned them about doing my 72k service the lady told me they didn't offer a delivery and collection service and I'd have to book a courtesy car!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Bizarre, but that's garages for you. They definately do pick up and drop cars off, although maybe not as far as Coulsden, however they go as far as Weybridge, becasue the bloke who gave me a lift to Woking station on friday ( I had a puncture which they were sorting ) was doing just that.

Perhaps you need to threaten to burn the showroom down !!!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not when you work in Chiswick / Brentford it isn't. Thanks I will look into this tomorrow :)
I use Lombarda on Ladbroke Grove, next to the tube station. That's very close to Chiswick.

I've been very happy with them, and have no problem recommending them.

They are all true Alfa enthusiasts as well.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Bizarre, but that's garages for you. They definately do pick up and drop cars off, although maybe not as far as Coulsden, however they go as far as Weybridge, becasue the bloke who gave me a lift to Woking station on friday ( I had a puncture which they were sorting ) was doing just that.

Perhaps you need to threaten to burn the showroom down !!!!!!
I'm not surprised they don't pick-up/drop-off to Coulsdon; but I work in Godalming!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey JimO, I pass through Brentford, and then over Kew bridge on my way to work in Sutton during the week, and sometimes I see a 'Beige' GT on the bridge coming towards brentford is this you? Usually about 8:00-8:20.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nope, I drive a train and tube to work - choo choo.

I can't be arsed to drive in, way too much traffic for my liking.

anyway the car went to Auto Delta and I am very impressed with the service, so am happy.

@ Kevin, I am only going by what happened when I rang Allams the other day. I went straight through to Wilsons. But even beside that, I would rather take me a car a garage that is staffed by enthusiasts and experience than by someone who is on the payroll of a larger organisation. If you get my drift :)

Besides that again also, Alfa wanted £160 to replace my battery, Auto Delta wanted £65.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts