Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow commuters, I would like to pass on some simple advice to the 20% or so of you I have randomly decided it must apply to because the subject of my rant seems to happen to me at one junction or another pretty much every day.

In heavy, congested and slow-moving urban traffic why the friggin' Lord must you leave such long gaps between you and the car in front? :confused:

This is especially annoying when there are traffic lights placed fairly close to each other with box junctions such as at Whitefield when I'm trying to join Bury Old Road/Manchester Road.

Why do you suddenly stop leaving me stuck in the box while you and at least two other tosspots have left enough gaps to slot in a low-loader (or at least a Transit)? I don't expect you to rub bumpers - just get within two feet of the car in front please.

Think about it ffs and cut the queues! :eek::rant:.

K

·
0 Posts
Schoolboy error Jim. You are working on the assumption that your fellow commuters have some vague inkling of what is going on around them. They haven't. All they care about is listening to that annoying Irish bloke on XFM, and wondering who will get voted out of the jungle tonight. Everyone would get home in half the time if everybody who was thick either stopped being thick or got the train but they won't.

Come to think of it, scratch that. The trains are overcrowded enough as it is. The idiots you speak of would most likely get on the train and stand there just inside the doors stopping anyone else getting on or off.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
In their 1 dimension view of the world they probably think they are smoothing out the traffic flow (and therefore in their tiny mind thinking they are improving it for everyone :rolleyes:)

E

·
0 Posts
That'll be the same idiots who decide it's a good idea when leaving a shop with their trolley to suddenly stop in the doorway to check their till reciept.
People (generally tourists) randomly stopping at the top of escalators trying to decide which way to go :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
People (generally tourists) randomly stopping at the top of escalators trying to decide which way to go :rolleyes:

Come on that has to be forgiveable ... we've all been in a strange town/city and not know where to go, and equaly where they should stand to be out of the way

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Come on that has to be forgiveable ... we've all been in a strange town/city and not know where to go, and equaly where they should stand to be out of the way
'course we have but anyone with an ounce of common would simply get out of everyone else's road in a busy area while they work out what to do next?

Same stupid, selfish person in a different scenario.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts