Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car in July 2010, through Alfa's own finance FGA or whatever its called. I can't find the right paper that tells me who the GAP insurance was through though! Mango's are currently looking into for me at the moment, as they are unsure as the provider has changed.

I was just wondering if anyone took out GAP insurance at the same time and would be able to tell me to make things quicker?

Thanks.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob, no harm in trying! I'm struggling to even remember what paper it was written on never mind find it haha, I'm so unorganised its untrue!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone that has bought gap insurance in the past, please could you advise as to whether you got documentation sent in the post after purchase? As I seem to have found everything but any evidence as to my GAP insurance?!

All I can see that comes close, is a £200 charge itemised for "insurance" on the finance agreement. Will this be it do you reckon?

I am probably over worrying! But I like to see things in black and white!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a bit worried it's going to be my word against Mangoletsi's about whether I opted for it or not!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you

C

·
0 Posts
Didn't take long to find. The one I've got is with Sterling Insurance Company Limited and looks to be underwritten by FGA Capital.
I also took it out through Mangos when I bought my car which was a couple of months before you. There's nothing on the invoice to say I took it out though.
They've got a helpline on 0870 169 1072 which is open normal office hours during the week. Hope you get a good result.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all your help. Will give them a call tomorrow! Mangos said it had change a couple of times in the last year so that's why they were unsure who it was. But if you were a couple of months before me it should be them!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your help everyone, got it all sorted today! Huge relief!

C

·
0 Posts
Excellent news, so are you going for the QV? Whereabouts in Cheshire are you - we may have passed each other.

M

·
0 Posts
Glad you got this sorted.....but for any others with a similar question, take a look at your copy of the FSA Demands and Needs report....it'll show on there that you were made aware of GAP (etc) and whether you opted to take it, along with the cost.

If the dealer didn't go through this with you, then that's a very serious issue.

·
Registered
54 Posts
May I also add that you don't have to purchase GAP insurance through the dealership - It can also work out cheaper buying it direct from other sources.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
May I also add that you don't have to purchase GAP insurance through the dealership - It can also work out cheaper buying it direct from other sources.
My dealer matched the internet quotes I gave him from other sources, meaning I got it for about 50% less. They were still keen to deal at that price rather than let me turn them down, so commission and/or bonuses must be high on these.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts