Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to prove a point tho.. This is how reliable VW is: :cheese:

Then after the engine goes pop I can tell my friends, see my Alfa's dont do that.. But VW's do!!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
What's worse is that their sales are going to plumet now as VW introduced the TD1 system...does not matter what your tuner says, if that car is flashed/remapped this system will pick it up and your car will be flagged "TD1 chipped" and you'll lose all manner of waranty/maintenance plans etc.

Ja, now the fake car lovers can finaly be put to rest...people literally bought these cars for their tunability.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
thats where piggy back chips are gonna win

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
What's worse is that their sales are going to plumet now as VW introduced the TD1 system...does not matter what your tuner says, if that car is flashed/remapped this system will pick it up and your car will be flagged "TD1 chipped" and you'll lose all manner of waranty/maintenance plans etc.

Ja, now the fake car lovers can finaly be put to rest...people literally bought these cars for their tunability.
They will find away around it.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
thats where piggy back chips are gonna win
I agree and disagree. Apparently it picks up the parameters were changed as well, which I don't believe as the parameters were/are not changed on the ECu but intercepted from being sent from the ECU.

Might just need to buy a Spider tuning box soon:cheese:

They will find away around it.
Its been around in Germany for 2 years...originally it picks up the DSG flash and then voids warranty as for as much as they brag about their hot hatches and DSG boxes, the amount of claims for DSG boxes has drastically increased in the last couple of years. From November this year in SA it will be able to read the ECU as well then everyone with a tuned car is basically screwed as it will pick up that the car was/is modified...

Currently they use VAS for cars 2012 and older and ODIS on 2013 and newer cars, so if your mate bought the G7 GTi thinking it was going to be a tune fest like with the G6 GTi..he's in for a surprise!

This is now making its mark on VW/Audi and already did with BMW, thus the JB4 tuning box is so popular with BMW owners.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I agree and disagree. Apparently it picks up the parameters were changed as well, which I don't believe as the parameters were/are not changed on the ECu but intercepted from being sent from the ECU.

Might just need to buy a Spider tuning box soon:cheese:

Its been around in Germany for 2 years...originally it picks up the DSG flash and then voids warranty as for as much as they brag about their hot hatches and DSG boxes, the amount of claims for DSG boxes has drastically increased in the last couple of years. From November this year in SA it will be able to read the ECU as well then everyone with a tuned car is basically screwed as it will pick up that the car was/is modified...

Currently they use VAS for cars 2012 and older and ODIS on 2013 and newer cars, so if your mate bought the G7 GTi thinking it was going to be a tune fest like with the G6 GTi..he's in for a surprise!

This is now making its mark on VW/Audi and already did with BMW, thus the JB4 tuning box is so popular with BMW owners.
JB4 is king on the 335's

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I heard of a tuning box the otherday wher guys opened it up and on close investigation found none of the gadgets on the PC board were connected. Only a resistor on one pin to alter readings sent to the ecu...

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I heard of a tuning box the otherday wher guys opened it up and on close investigation found none of the gadgets on the PC board were connected. Only a resistor on one pin to alter readings sent to the ecu...
Yes.

MP is now basically a Tuning Box connoisseur if you will. He'll be able to explain more. But if my but itches I'll get myself a tuning box in September with all this PD1 crap I'm not messing with my ECU anymore. I'd get a tunable tuning box though.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Tuning box and novitec are very different. Tuning box is fooling boost only on the 1750 and only on boost pressure sensor. Novitec fools boost pressure, manifold pressure and throttle position sensor.

Goed Koop is duur Koop

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Yeah I see that Spider box only has Boost settings...like WTF? Does the MED17 ECU learn off boost settings how much fuel and timing to add based on increase or decrease of boost???

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
That's the point. It will give power but will run lean. Turbo love lean ne

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Hhhmmm...I think I need someone with a Tuning Box so i can crank it and compare...

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Compare to what

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Compare to my car! I want to put it on my car and then crank it up to accommodate filter and exhaust and maybe some OB and then see how it runs, with all this PD1 things its a matter of time before AR does the same so tuning box is the wat forward

1 - 20 of 36 Posts