Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Completely unbiased opinions are about the follow :yawn: :lol:

I'm driving my bro in law's G6 GTi DSG for this week as my car's brake pads went and finding Brembo's in Secunda is like looking for a 100% beef...not gona happen.

Its a 2012 DSG CSG with all extras and comforts.

I'll of course compare my GQV(modified to suit my needs) with this car.

Interior.

THe GQV's interior is more nice to be in, but very uncomfortable...I'm still looking for GTA seats to replace my front seats.
The GTi's interior is very bland, the only cool thing is the window switches on your right and of course the seats, very, very comfortable!!! :hurray: And the way it hugs your body is a bonus...I'm just nod convinced of the hard type plastics everywhere...maybe its there for strength and durability but I don't know, I prefer the GQV's plastics...

Engine.

Ofcourse it cannot be compared as its a 1750cc vs a 2000c(correct me please).
The G6 GTi nice torque from the moment you put your foot down and wait so 1.5 seconds for the gearbox to understand what is being relayed to it. But the torque is nice and smooth, very quick off the line of course, but this is where the GQV comes to life...with the map and exhaust it spool very quickly, and my in gear acceleration is like that of a car with software...so a fruitless comparison. I do like and hate the DSG box...it takes too long to know when to down change and I hate when I come to a stop when it down changes the car jerks forward...But its nice just sitting there and doing 50% less than what I would have done in the GQV...

Exterior.

No match. GQV hands down, curves, looks etc. The G6 is easier to wash though, its amazing when you wash a car you get a feel for the quality of parts and materials used...the GQV's bumpers feels sturdy whereas the G6's feels almost loose...if you tap the GQV's bumper you get a solid thump, with the tap on the G6 bumpers you get a feeling you can rip it off...

Overall comfort.

The G6 is much more comfortable than the GQV, but the GQV is on 19's and H&R springs. The G6 is designed around the driver, the GQV was literally an afterthought by Sergio..."Oh **** we only have diesel and 1.4 turbo petrol Giuliettas...****, where's that 1750 we have in development, is it done? Well get it done mia morrrr!" Surprisingly the hard, tacky interior plastics had a nice consequence...rattles in the mornings. My GQV does this too, aparently the rubber expands and shrinks with the temperatues and this causes the rattle like creaks you hear in the G6...I sprayed rubber and shackle spray on my GQV and those creaks are gone, i'll do the same for my Bro in law's G6 and maybe it'll be gone too...also the rear bench sounds like its loose???

Overall its a very good car, great in fact. I can totally understand why so many of them are driving around each day. I don't like this, I don't get the fizz when I drive it and I see other GTi owners and smile at them and then they look at me like WTF dude! i thought we all driving German engineering we should all be happy? Watkind?

:hi: :driving: :(

I score the G6 GTi DSG a good 8/10 and the GQV in stock state a 6.5/10 and the GQV in modded state a good 9/10

The biggest gripe with the GQV is the comfort of the driver...the passengers are all happy, the driver has nowhere to put his left leg, and falls, yes, falls around in the seat. If the Italians had fitted the 159Ti or Abarth Sabelt seats into the GQV it would be a winner from the start!

In terms of modding there is no comparison, as I suspect most guys are buying the G6 GTi DSG for modding purposes...the GQV can be modded to a state, I'm at that state now, after this it requires more hardware which I'm not going to do...the G6 just responds very well to mods but let me say that one does not buy a car on the basis of how it responds to mods, at least I don't, or didn't or won't.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Get a Ti. It's not as fast as a GQV but that's it... It's muuuuuuuuuuch more comfy, muuuuuuuuuuch more pretty and runs muuuuuuuuuch better than it has right to... it beats G6 GTi in every respect besides acceleration...

it will also do 235km/h if you want to...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
The G6 GTI is old now G7 GTI is soon here I drove the TSI crap to look at inside and out but a dam good car does everithing so well try it ,bit slow but apparently good on fuel and the way we are going it will be R20/l soon so probably the end of the V6s

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Filled up the GTi then got back home and pulled the GQV out of the garage, wow, what a great car to look at and drive even though it was just to the garage to fill up...the only issue is the seats

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Guili, I hjonestly don't have an issue with the Giulietta's seats. What seams to be the issue? Too hard? Too little support?

The 159 Ti seats are very comfy but what would that mean, coming from someone with no issue with the Giulietta's seats? The look good to me as well. What type do you have in your car?

http://image.motortrend.com/f/33047598 w786 ar1/2011-alfa-romeo-giulietta-front-seat.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8a/-_01_Alfa_Romeo_Giulietta_Car_seat_(_seats_).jpg

G

·
The seats are bad.. Even in full leather trim there is not enough support.

When we had our run I got out of the GTA and into Lance's GQV... The seats dont offer nearly as much lateral support...

Got back into the GTA and fit snugly again.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exactly ... I quickly drove the GQV just now to the nearest wheel place to help me loosen the nuts that were locked tight to prepare for the brake pad change I'm planning on doing tomorrow.

Man oh man is the GQV a completley different car to drive compared to the GTi. The GQV's power is just there from very low down, this map on this car is amazing...albeit I only drove 60kph tops...the car turns way better aswell...even though its an electrically assisted steering wheel, its alot better than the GTi's steering which feels heavy, and my car is lowered on 19's... even without the mods I"d chose the GQV 10x over, even with is kak seats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts