Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Had my G.T. re-mapped today, and the results are awesome!!!!

I used a guy called "bhptuner.co.uk", who writes his own files, to tailor them to your every specific requirments., i have had 3 maps on mine today, and tweaked every one till i was happy with the results, and i must say, the end result is awesome!!!!!, the car drives as if it should have done from the very beginning!!!, its around 190bhp and 300 pounds/ft of torque, the midrange thrust is un believable!!!!!:eek:

i had a156 jtd re-mapped by angel, and this thing is miles better!!!!, plus he will re-map it to whatever you want!!,cos he can alter the files in real time, and as you wait!!!

cant reccomend him enough!!!!, try for yourself, best 300 quid i have have ever spent!!!!!:thumbs:

H

·
0 Posts
I'm interested :D

Just looked at the web site and they've got a rolling road comming soon :)

£300 for a custom remap is very reasonable mate :thumbs:

What's 1st and 2nd gear like after the map ?

I'm not after the same performance from me old V6 but I'd love to be a bit quicker in 1st and 2nd.

BTW Time to change the sig I think ;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1st gear, i just short shift, cos just loses traction, 2nd is over very quick, half throttle, then plant it, pulls very, very quick to the redline, 3rd is awesome tho!, super thrust!!!!! you must get it done!!!, this is how the GT should be!!!, torque is amazing , pulls like a train in any gear,awesome!!! i cant stop driving it, i find myself making excuses to go out, just for a blast;) chris is a very clever guy:thumbs:

·
Registered
90 Posts

I used a guy called "bhptuner.co.uk", who writes his own files, to tailor them to your every specific requirments., i have had 3 maps on mine today, and tweaked every one till i was happy with the results, and i must say, the end result is awesome!!!!!, the car drives as if it should have done from the very beginning!!!, its around 190bhp and 300 pounds/ft of torque, the midrange thrust is un believable!!!!!:eek:

i had a156 jtd re-mapped by angel, and this thing is miles better!!!!, plus he will re-map it to whatever you want!!,cos he can alter the files in real time, and as you wait!!!

cant reccomend him enough!!!!, try for yourself, best 300 quid i have have ever spent!!!!!:thumbs:

I,am spanish...
190 bhp???No!!!
Time in seconds of +/- 80km/h-120km/h ( +/- 47 millas/h to +/- 75 millas/h ) in 4ª,5ª and 6ª??
Thanks.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I must take out shares in Alfa Clutch manufacturers :D ... the remap sounds awesome!!! 190bhp for a 1.9 is pretty damn good :thumbs: (bet you wish they put the 2.4 in the GT though)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any dyno before and after figures?
not yet, dyno up and running late on this year, 750 bhp 4wd!!
jtd standard is 150 bhp, mine now approx 190 bhp, and comparing to my old angel re-mapped 156 10v jtd, its just as good, if not more better than that, he can alter every parameter, to what you want, to tailor your map to suit:thumbs:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I must take out shares in Alfa Clutch manufacturers :D ... the remap sounds awesome!!! 190bhp for a 1.9 is pretty damn good :thumbs: (bet you wish they put the 2.4 in the GT though)

clutch safe, unlike my old 156, i have had the torque spike come in higher up the rev range, to eliminte potential slippage!, but apparantly the 1.9 16v clutch/gearbox is stronger than the old 10v jtd counterpart (s) anyway,
but he can write a map to perform in any way you want it to:thumbs:

H

·
0 Posts
1st gear, i just short shift, cos just loses traction, 2nd is over very quick, half throttle, then plant it, pulls very, very quick to the redline, 3rd is awesome tho!, super thrust!!!!! you must get it done!!!, this is how the GT should be!!!, torque is amazing , pulls like a train in any gear,awesome!!! i cant stop driving it, i find myself making excuses to go out, just for a blast;) chris is a very clever guy:thumbs:
Do you do that with the ASR turned off :confused:

I,am spanish...
190 bhp???No!!!
Time in seconds of +/- 80km/h-120km/h ( +/- 47 millas/h to +/- 75 millas/h ) in 4ª,5ª and 6ª??
Thanks.
190bhp is easy achieved with a standard remap Robert :D

The first generation GT with the Busso V6 is the one to have Chris ;)
But I've been heads up with a 2.4 jtd GTV ant that boy was FAST :eek:

Does anyone with a JTD actually bother with 1st?-I ve only used it 3 times in 6 months, never used it on my 156 2.4 either, whats the point when it pulls away faster in second?
Like the boy's said just use first it saves your clutch ;)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I didn't think they made any derv GTV's ... thought it only came in 2.0 and 3.0 petrol (maybe a 3.2 aswell)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
190 bhp???No!!!
Doing the test of time in seconds of +/- 80km/h-120km/h ( +/- 47 millas/h to +/- 75 millas/h ) in 4ª,5ª and 6ª.
¡¡¡Surprise!!!, 180 bhp as much.
Red Dot can get 190bhp, with a before and after dyno to prove it.

The 1.9 16v will never give the torque of a 5-pot (even the old 10v), but it does rev well.

There is a fella with a 1.9 with meth injection, nitrous, etc... The car made 250bhp on the rollers, but torque was still around 300 lb/ft at the wheels even with all these gizmo's attatched.

The limiting factor to take it much further would be the turbo.

·
Registered
433 Posts

What's the smoke situation like? Take it out at night and kop the view in the rear view mirror when someone comes up behind ya.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you do that with the ASR turned off :confused:

190bhp is easy achieved with a standard remap Robert :D

Like the boy's said just use first it saves your clutch ;)

Re-Happy,

Turned the ASR off a few times, wheels spin, but 1st is over in a flash, so pretty pointless really, mapped so the power comes in as a constant strong pull, from around 1800 rpm, all the way upto the redline, did`nt want it to come in as a violent spike, and tail off higher up the rev range, but chris could make a map to tailor to your needs, to make it deliver how ever you want, he said that mine still has more potential, and when the dyno is installed, were gunna tweak some more:thumbs:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's the smoke situation like? Take it out at night and kop the view in the rear view mirror when someone comes up behind ya.

smokes no more than it did before, which is just a right little bit at the top end, but hardly owt!!!:) :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Re-Happy,

Turned the ASR off a few times, wheels spin, but 1st is over in a flash, so pretty pointless really, mapped so the power comes in as a constant strong pull, from around 1800 rpm, all the way upto the redline, did`nt want it to come in as a violent spike, and tail off higher up the rev range, but chris could make a map to tailor to your needs, to make it deliver how ever you want, he said that mine still has more potential, and when the dyno is installed, were gunna tweak some more:thumbs:
There is a problem for these cars MAP sensor which does not exceed 1.55 bars if they do not alter anything else.
1.55 bars and 60-70mg of diesel fuel is as much 180bhp.
Measured times of 80km / h to 120km / h ( +/- 47 millas/h to +/- 75 millas/h ) in 4ª,5ª,6ªand I say ...:thumbs:

·
Registered
90 Posts
There is a fella with a 1.9 with meth injection, nitrous, etc... The car made 250bhp on the rollers, but torque was still around 300 lb/ft at the wheels even with all these gizmo's attatched.

Just 250bhp with that? Jajajaja
More than 270bhp are obtained with turbo, IC and remap. You do not need nitrous and inyectors ...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts