Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Currently have car up on lift doing other work. Have bad tyre wear and just wondering if alignment of the hole on the rubber of the strut top mount to the front or the rear hole in the body will mate any difference. Mine ar both pointing forward. See image. Had a look at my brothers and his is one forward and one rear.
Anyone know?
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey all. Currently have car up on lift doing other work. Have bad tyre wear and just wondering if alignment of the hole on the rubber of the strut top mount to the front or the rear hole in the body will mate any difference. Mine ar both pointing forward. See image. Had a look at my brothers and his is one forward and one rear.
Anyone know?
Thanks.
So I have done a quick survey of the G owners that I know.
By looking from the engine bay, you can see through the two holes beside where the struts pop through with the plastic retainer clips.
Either you can see daylight or rubber or more preferably, through the hole in the rubber as shown in the image.
Our family have a thing for Italian cars, currently G's

Mine:- 170 JTDm. Both facing forward toward bumper. But I replaced these myself so didn't know if these are correct or not.
Brother 1:- 170 JTDm Left forward, and rear rear facing. That was of no help whatsoever. Regardless, one of his is incorrect.
Brother 2:- 170 MA. Both facing toward bumper.
Cousin:- 170 JTDm. Both facing toward bumper.

So it looks like orientating the hole in the strut top bearing with the hole facing the bumper is correct.
If doing changing shocks and springs just be aware that the units are handed.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts