Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided the Giulietta is a great car as a toy but a joke as a serious means of transport. Today it took about 25 minutes with the engine running before the fan would run up to clear the windscreen. Then whilst driving along the passenger window mysteriously opened and a bit later the stereo came on at full blast! Great fun as a second car and ok for me as I have a transit for work but there is no way I would consider one as a lease car what with leaving early for work etc. But then I cleaned all the snow and mud off of her and she is beautiful, all is forgiven :inlove:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Maybe your CAN bus needs an alignment, or you need to have the electrics sorted out. Its better than getting grays every time your out driving. Even if it soothes the eyes when its washed and shining ;)
I have to say i have 100 km to work, and love to drive mine (so far with no glitches) every day. To me she is a Joy not a joke... :)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
There has to be some serious problem with your car. In Poland it was down to -18C last week and I had no problems. Just a short misfunction of heating 2 weeks ago, that's all.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
There have been reported issues with heaters.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Personally I haven't experienced this with mine at all. I often leave mine in airport carparks and have come back to it well frosted up and it's run up to heat very quickly indeed. No problems in the morning either.

In comparison, the missus DS3 takes forever.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
20 mins with no manual intervention, that is.

If you scraped the windows and dusted it down with de-icer, you could be safely on your way in under 10 mins from -18C (which is how cold it was in Chesham, UK, this last weekend!)
however, we get so used to just getting in a car and turning the key before moving off, that many of us forget that we are not safe until all the windows are completely clear of ice and condensation

that condensation is one reason why I never use de-icer on frozen windows: the energy for the phase change from solid to liquid is taken partly from the glass, making the window even colder than before (by several degrees), and that often leads to serious internal condensation or internal ice as soon as you get into the vehicle. Much better to partly defrost, part open a window, then use deicer, then get back in, I find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts