Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hu guys my new discs n pads have arrived I have been doing my own for years on my gtv and spider however first time on the guilietta so any tips welcome.

I have just had a quick look and their are star looking bolts on the back of the caliper holder, I'm assuming these will need removing to get the old front discs off. If so are these star sockets available form places like halfords as was hoping todo this job at the weekend.

Thanks Jon

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Check to see if they are Torx or Ribe. Ribe have a much more angular look compared to Torx. If you have some plasticine get an imprint to see. Both types are available in Halfords.

Are they gripped internally or externally? If external go by jonnyroper's suggestion. E type Torx.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
This is my set. Only used infrequently but vital when they were. E4 to E18. Those E Torx bolts are used a lot on suspension and subframes. Cruachan's set has the larger sockets and at that price ought to be a worthwhile purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
E torx as suggested,Halfords set has good mix of 1/4,3/8 and 1/2 drive ones looked last night e4 up to e22 think it cost about £20 with my trade card.

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
Usually you can undo external torx with a regular socket if you get one that fits closely.

I have never had any issues undoing them with that method.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts