Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we are moving into a new house and the drive is quite steep (for now!)-as far as oil pick up from a car that's been standing a few days-should I park with the front of the car facing downhill on the drive, or facing uphill on the drive? 2.0 jtdm
Thanks

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hi, we are moving into a new house and the drive is quite steep (for now!)-as far as oil pick up from a car that's been standing a few days-should I park with the front of the car facing downhill on the drive, or facing uphill on the drive? 2.0 jtdm
Thanks
How steep is the drive? Do you ride motorbikes, rally cars or fly planes, that is a question I've never known anyone ask before? If this is stopping you from sleeping I'd find somewhere flat to park and walk up the drive. I really don't know which way up would be best to park as it depends on which way the suction strainer favours in the sump. Probably tail up if you want it to sit idling on a cold morning? I know that is no help whatsoever but I would like to be a car with your mechanical sympathy!! :)

·
Registered
38,661 Posts
It shouldn't matter.

If you keep enough oil in the sump the strainer will be well submerged unless your drive is at really silly angles.

Your car is likely to roll away first.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The drive is a silly angled one. I'm guessing about 40 degrees, so quite a extreme angle!
My other toys ( bike and jetski) are old school 2 strokes with no oil in the sumps, and I understand 2 strokes, not this new fangled technology!,,,:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts