Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,new member here

I have a g with the TB120 engine which is pretty good for my own needs. My car now has 17" turbine wheels and has the sports suspension. Im looking to upgrade to 18 inch wheels (the 5 hole ones from wspitaly) but im afraid that the car will not handle the 18 wheels (because of the engine output).....anyone here has the 120tb with 18 inch wheels?Feedback from owners will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think from my own experience, this car is perfectly capable of handling 18" wheels.

The performance difference in real life is marginal compared to the 17" wheels.

·
Registered
34,405 Posts
I think from my own experience, this car is perfectly capable of handling 18" wheels.

The performance difference in real life is marginal compared to the 17" wheels.
It will use a little more fuel , but that's the price of better looks !

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
It will use a little more fuel , but that's the price of better looks !
Yep, that's the cost of vanity! I've just put the Titan Chrome 18s on my 1.4tb Lusso and yes you can tell the wheels are heavier (Heavier steering, just a tad slower to pull away, handles as if on rails, still feels light and glued to the road). However, it's not going to put you in the slow lane at traffic lights or unable to overtake a bicycle. If that's what you want go for it! Get a tuning box/remap to compensate (should take you to 160bhp or there about). I was once told that driving an Alfa is not about speed, it's the look.....and on that premise you have to have the 18s!

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
About 2-3mpg worse I would say.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
.....and also make sure that your tyre pressures are correct - it seems to make quite a difference on the 18s.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Wspitaly don't sell direct as I far as I am aware. Autostyle direct sell them on eBay for £595 & when I converted the price on eBay.it and added the £100 delivery they were costing significantly more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts