Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Afternoon Chaps & Chapesses,:thumbs:

Looked at a 159 JTD 1.9 at the weekend with 85k on the clock, full alfa history and pretty much all the toys except red leather (much to my wifes disgust!!).

I read some reviews and as with most things on the internets you only seem to see the bad reviews! So, i figured that the alfa owners club may be the place to ask for help!
It looks like most of the gremlins were up to the 156 (sorry, not meaning to insult <156 owners!) but the 159 onwards looks to be a better all rounder?

What should i be looking for in regards to the car? Its in really good nick and not badly priced (£5500). Pulls like a train and holds boost on the gauge.
Any help would be great! :)

(sneaky edit...looks like tyre wear and suspension geometry seems to be a biggie!!)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO.
Have to agree, red seats would look awesome. Great car either way.
Head to the 159 lounge, lots of info and plenty of advice.
Enjoy your 159. Cheers.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

159 is a great choice :thumbs:
Goodluck with your purchase

Saluti, Giordano.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome guys, looks like we're picking it up at the weekend. I'll get the steering geometry checked first up!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks....This alfa thing is infectious, even i'm trawling autotrader now! The 159 is hers, but after feeling how well it drives, the bm might be in for a shock!! :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Great car, do the deal and then replace the leather for about £150 - £250 on ebay, and then sell your old ones to recoup some cash! well worth the effort,
By the way, The best part of owning a 156 is driving along in absolute heaven whilst wondering .....what do I think is going to go next, and how much will it cost??? I love it, part of its beauty!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL @ tha jaffa cake comparison!! I fear i do need an alfa V6 in my life before i die....(skint and depressed possibly!!). I've just reinsured the bmw, so thats gotta stay for a while, until its MOT'd again, then its time to look about!!
Insurance is cheaper than expected and the last details checked over (she's also test driving a mazda6 but i fear that may be a bit, um, "beige paint" after driving the 159!!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys, looks like we're picking it up at the weekend. I'll get the steering geometry checked first up!
Get your dealer to set the front wheels to 0 degrees. I had mine done and tyre wear has improved greatly.:)

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This stuff is infectious!! First one sold from under our noses, so we found a lower miles 1.9jtd and bought that. Pick it up next week. Yay.

However, i found myself strangely drawn to the 147 ts that was sitting next to it!!
Someone talk me out of having TWO alfas in my garage!!!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How do you cope?!?!?!

Right, this alfa thing seems to have got under my skin!!!

The 159 is fantastic! Loving every second of it. The wife followed me home in it (its her car!) and the thing looks EVIL!!! It scowled at me all the way home!!

So, while waiting to sort out the paperwork...........I test drove a 147 1.6ts lusso and promptly fell in love!! Dammit! Now on the hunt for a 5 door (baby seat!) TS lusso 1.6 in a dark colour-cant have silver, that'd be really sad...his/hers silver alfas!!
The BM must go and i have to own a 147!!! The noise!!! :wow:

·
Registered
573 Posts
The Alfa bug hit hard..
What about that V6 you promised yourself?
Sorry, didn't meant to make it worse. Lol
Good luck with your bellas..
Cheers.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Right, looks like i better take some pictures and post them up....BOTH of them...Bought a 147 1.6 ts lusso in (hugely swirly) black with 81k on the clock....picking it up on saturday!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts