Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

Am hoping to take my first step into Alfa ownership shortly...have decided (reluctantly) that with an 80 mile daily commute I can't justify anything classic or with a V6, I seem to be zeroing in on either a GTV or 156 twinspark. So, a few questions:

I want to have fun - is it worth paying (slightly) more for a 2.0TS over a 1.8TS?

How would a GTV 2.0 and a 156 2.0 compare as driver's cars? Is the GTV worth £1.5k over the equivalent 156?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Personally I think the 2.0 is worth going for as it's got more grunt than the 1.8 which is important day to day as the TSs are a bit peaky. But.... the main thing is to go for the best condition car you can afford. If you get a rough one, the driving experience will be ruined, no matter what engine it has :(

·
Registered
460 Posts
i would say go for the 2.0l m8,the TS is a high revving engine,very nice giving it the beans and very comfy on the mways GL with your search

·
Registered
68 Posts
I saw a comparrison of the 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 T sparks on the net somewhere.
they seemd to be pretty much line ball in weight and fuel consumption but the 2.0 had a decent bit more power,

I got the 2.0 but its not like the others are offered in Oz anyway.

Re GTV Vs 156,
I think the 156 looks better and it can fit 5 (squeeze you bastards) doubt the weight was much less but the insurance was heaps more for the GTV (ie +50%).

SO if you follow my advise you will get..... the same car as me, yay.

Also freeway driving lessens the inpact of larger engines, well traditionally anyway,
FYI an american 3.8L V6 used less on the freeway than my old same era Jap 2.0L V6. But double in the city and it was slower.

My advise get a single owner car, no one keeps a dog for 6 years.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
SKIPPY156...AGAIN A NICE TURN OF PHRASE....BUT have you seen the post LOW MILEAGE 166 in the 166 section

My advise get a single owner car, no one keeps a dog for 6 years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts