Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick message to say how frustrated i am...
I moved to audi a few months back... nice a3 53 plate 2.0 fsi... since buying the car the list of work is...
new steering rack / ecu (£1000 to repair)
new cam belt...water pump etc (its only done 60000, would of thought more out of it yet)
all round new pads and discs (which fair enough is wear and tear)
new locking mechanism on drivers door
a few new sensors because of emissions...

my alfa 147 had one or two problems but nothing like this.

i miss alfa!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Had a workmate with an a3 2.0 FSI. Suffered from cambelt failure due to a faulty cambelt tensioner ( audi did take the blame and repaired it after a month). He had the car back for about a month and then his " fuel pump ECU" failed. Cost him over a thousand pounds to put right. He sold it and vowed never ever to go near another audi!

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Bookmarked to post as a link when the next 'bloody Alfa's' thread appears :thumbs:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had 2 Audi A4's, 1st one had major alarm / immobilizer issues.
Traded it in for an A4 convertible, multichronic gearbox failed was going to be 5k to fix.
Sent it to auction and bought a Honda instead.
Will never buy an Audi again. Still like the style of the majority of the range but they are not the cars people think they are and the dealers are absolutely terrible.

G

·
0 Posts
Never understood the appeal towards Audi, BMW, VW, Mercedes, or even Seat and Skoda (might as well be german):rolleyes:
Drove the lot, worked on the lot and have to say, not impressed... Doesn't give the "fizzle in me jizzle" like an Alfa does:thumbs:
Porsche, now thats slightly different, impressive! In a anal retentive kind of manner, like being obsessed with naming your tools and putting them in alphabetical order

·
Registered
96 Posts
Never understood the appeal towards Audi, BMW, VW, Mercedes, or even Seat and Skoda (might as well be german):rolleyes:
Drove the lot, worked on the lot and have to say, not impressed... Doesn't give the "fizzle in me jizzle" like an Alfa does:thumbs:
Porsche, now thats slightly different, impressive! In a anal retentive kind of manner, like being obsessed with naming your tools and putting them in alphabetical order
have to disagreed slightly, a bmw is a well engineered car and i know because i owned
a few. 1 3 series and 2 e39 5series, 528i, 535 v8 and a modern classic a e32 7series735ise,
but i do agreed a alfa does give you that feeling you are alive when you get in the driving seat
of a high powered machine with great road holding and the feeling of a real drivers car.:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts