Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what are the upper fuses for? One by one? I need to know the third one on the first row in particular because three times this month has blown and I don't know what is for.
Tried searching the internet but I couldn't find this kind of fuse box.
Alfa romeo 156 jtd 1.9 8v sw 2000

Sent from my Mi Note 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I'm on a mobile phone, so the link wasn't visible

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. The same fuse boxes as everywhere. Not one like mine.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,340 Posts
What country are you in?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Macedonia.
The car was first bought in Italy. I own it for 6 years.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I can only think that someone has removed one of the three fuse boxes from your car. Someone may have also installed the incorrect fuses into the fuse slots, and may also have turned some fuse boxes around or swapped them in location.

For instance. Fuse box '2' has been removed. Fuse box 3 has taken fuse box 2's place.

Either that, or there was a significant change depending on region and year.

You just need to try things on your car that work/don't work. Remove the fuses that blow frequently and see what works/does not.

Fog lamps, BOSE, Left Rear Window, Right Rear window, Boot Electric Opening (Maybe sedans only), power socket socket in boot of wagon. Some rear lighting, electronic controls for engine and sunroof/electric seats are in those fuses.

I would be thinking. Rear power windows, and lighting on the car for starters as potential trouble spots.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When the mentioned fuse blows, the only thing that I notice is that the fan is constantly working. If I start the car in the morning, when I touch the throttle, the fan starts. Thats the only thing that I notice.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Can you circle on your photo which fuse blows?

It could just be that the incorrect fuse is being used. A lower amp fuse on a circuit that requires a higher amp fuse will fail over time or immediately with the increased load.

I'm fairly sure that someone has moved the fuse boxes around so it does not completely match up what is in the book.

I'm thinking that the fuses on the top, are 'Box 3', and the fuses on the bottom are 'Box 1' according to the manual. Try removing the blue 15A fuse. See if your fog lamps work. Remove the two 20A fuses from the bottom box. Those should control the rear electric windows.

If removing those fuses disables those features of the car I think it's safe to say that the lower fuses are 'Box 1', and the top fuses are 'Box 3'. In that case I would think that from left to right on the top fuse box the fuses should be 15A, 15A, 15A, 7.5A, 7.5A, 10A.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its this one. And it was 10A the first time it blowed. So I changed it with a 10A three times now

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If removing those fuses disables those features of the car I think it's safe to say that the lower fuses are 'Box 1', and the top fuses are 'Box 3'. In that case I would think that from left to right on the top fuse box the fuses should be 15A, 15A, 15A, 7.5A, 7.5A, 10A.
Nope. It's not in that order.. Not one of them is for the rear windows or similar..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Solved!

I doubt that anyone will have this kind of problem but.. I took the car to a electrician and the problem was with the group of wires that were lose under the car near the gearbox. One of the wires was with rubbed off isolation and was touching the metal so it was making a short circuit. 15e repair.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts