Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this odd thing happening.. ?

when I turn my lights on, then I press the brake pedal, I have the light comeon the dash that indicates that there is a blown bulb (the small orange / red one in the rev counter)

I have checked all my bulbs and all are good!

is it worht changing them all?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi

My 156 did the same, everytime I touched the brake pedal the blown bulb light would come on, I guessed it was one of the brake light bulbs but before I could check it, it stopped appearing. An Alfa'ism

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, poor seating is a bugger, especially with aftermarket light bulbs as the pins are sometimes shorter etc.

·
Registered
529 Posts
My 156 GTA does it too.

I've had it checked at the local independent and they say everything is fine with reghards to bulbs etc. I'll take it back if it becomes more prevalent.

Reassuring to know I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All bulbs seem oK - however, I have noticed it has LED side lights in the front headlights - could they be the issue ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have this issue all the bulbs were ok, turned out to be one of the prongs on the brake light holder. Every time i looked at it the light worked but everytime i put it back in the bloody thing moved slightly. Got a small screw driver and bent the prong up slightly....hasnt come on since

·
Registered
30,019 Posts
All bulbs seem oK - however, I have noticed it has LED side lights in the front headlights - could they be the issue ?
They must have resistors in them otherwise the bulb failure light would come on and stay on as soon as you turn the sidelights on.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Bump for this !

I have the tell-tale blown bulb warning on the dash

Tonight I have removed both rear bulb holders, cleaned all the connectors, cleaned and squeezed the pins in the plug.

Passenger side seems to have a decent connection but sidelights dont always come on when you turn the switch - until you give the cluster a thump on the outside

Drivers side has a bad earth that I cant seem to fix - the sidelight filament just glows lightly red with ignition on but the warning light goes out as soon as you turn the sidelights on

Are the bulb holders notoriously troublesome ?

I've done the connectors with wet & dry, bent the tabs where possible to ensure a good connection and blasted it with proper electrical contact cleaner and still no good.

Any mileage in changing the bulbs or should I just get a new pair of holders ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts