Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Anyone interested in doing one of these to raise money for Special Olympics Ireland who are holding the 2010 National Games in Limerick.

I admittedly nicked the idea from mx5 Ireland (dont worry just trying to find a good place for the missus to get hers serviced!!) MX-5 Ireland • View topic - FUND RAISING RUN but I do have a vested interest in it as I have a sister with special needs and I do a lot of fund raising for The Bray Lakers who will be sending a load of athletes there.

Anyway, just throwing it out there to gauge the interest and I'm open to any suggestions.

Cheers

Gav

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea, I'd be interested in getting involved.
Nice one Kiki, not sure what to do and how to go a bout doing it but we have have time, I'll think of something!!

How about something like driving Malin Head to Mizzen Head?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
how does the scally rally work? do we nominate the charity we want to support, or hand over the money and they decide who gets it?

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Anytime outside 5th to 12th of june I would be interested . Sorry Gav but out of country then !

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anytime outside 5th to 12th of june I would be interested . Sorry Gav but out of country then !
No worries at all, we can do it any time before June really. Maybe for the April or May meet or something, I'll leave that up to his nibbs to decide.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Nice one we could make an annual event perhaps but as you said if we do anything he'll get at me :eek:

D

·
0 Posts
You a bollicks:p I was going to do another charity run for a diff charity but we can organise another for my charity:)

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I'd gladly participate in both drives, and also donate some money, but since I have no friends (and/or 100 cousins) I don't think I can do any fundraising...

D

·
0 Posts
Lmao, Klap man so true haha. Ahh just get the people in work to sponsor you haha

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
don't worry, I'd never do that, neither for a liver (you're Irish, right? :p) but I might pop over for a kidney in a few years time:cheese:

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
there were some fundraisings recently, but people actually did something out of their comfortzone (i.e. running the marathon), for me geting up in the morning is already a challenge, but I can't expect people sponsoring me doing something I love:)

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd gladly participate in both drives, and also donate some money, but since I have no friends (and/or 100 cousins) I don't think I can do any fundraising...
Klap, I'll be your friend,(just dont come looking for money):D
Sure we are all friends here Levante, we are practically neighbors, you only live about a 2 minute drive from my house!

Plus as long as you come to meets with Moni's home baked biscuits all will be good....just don't forget the biscuits!! :lol:

D

·
0 Posts
Lol, Levente get moni to sell her cakes etc to everyone at the meet handy way for sponsorship. I was in a shop yesterday that was selling 4 small choc brownies for a 5er that was a bit mental money.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts