Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I got a couple of clear days to work on the car... got it IN the shed now which is great. Before I put it in I gave the soft top and bloody good clean to get rid of the green look!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I straightened up a lot of the issues and got as far as I could doing obvious stuff. Next I need to get the car up on four axle stands and level the car to the floor, then take a bunch more measurements off the undamaged but striped GTV front end at the wreckers and start comparing and correcting... I will put it on a chassis machine later for the major alignment check but my guess is it will need all these little things sorted anyway. If the car measures up way out then I will go to the machine first. The front chassis "arms" do not have much strength without the front brace welded in or the top and bottom radiator mounts. Funfunfun!!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have not done anything on the car in the last couple of weeks BUT I sold some old motorcycle parts and put the money into bits for the Spider.... cam belt kit with bearings water pump and balance belt, belt changing tools, new Alfa wheel centres, new Alfa badges front and swiveling back, new intake pipe to engine, blacking and water proofing kit for the roof... some cool looking aftermarket Pininfarina badges, new front discs and an after market muffler. Still a few things on my list to buy as money comes to hand, like a set of new tyres, rear discs, all new pads, oil and filter, oil for gearbox, air filter accessory belt, new battery, plastic to replace the rear window.... then I will have all the parts for a full service! Going to drain and clean the fuel tank and lines too as the car has not run since 2012. Then it should at least be a runner. Got to get some two pack silver paint for the wheels as I might as well tidy them up before the new tyres go on and as I am a retired spray painter that is easy and cheap for me to do. :)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts