Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gentlemen being a new(ish) owner of my 155 TB Mito im still feeling my way around who i can blast past and who i cant :lol:

My question to you ladies and gents is what are some or your best moments in the Mito and what cars have given u a good go?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
You'll beat most things in a MiTO... audis, porsches, bugatti veyrons... its all in this thread: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-mito/216274-chasing-off-the-lights.html

But yeah I had some mungo jerry in a tuned Peugeot 306 xsi zip passed me (and everyone else) yesterday - I soon caught up with him sitting at the lights, revving away and slipping his clutch. So thought to myself, "Yeah, why not!" and completely blasted him out of the water. :lol: The TB155 is a really torquey little power-house isn't it. You shouldn't have much problem beating just about anything up to and around 2.0 litres (naturally aspirated - but if they've got a turbo too then probably not, though you'll give 'em a good run for their money). I just love the way that 6th gear launches you up to ludicrous speed, and they're left shrinking away in your rear view mirror.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have found myself surprising many faster cars a lot of people who ask me about the mito ask if it as got a 2.0 litre under the bonnet when you say a 1.4 they are taken back abit:lol: Suprised an audi A3 1.8 turbo the other day didnt beat him or go over the speed limit but we did have a spirited jump from the lights and myself and the A3 were both surprised at how little he could pull away. Great engine the 155tb a remap, bigger turbo and decent exhaust system can make the car a giant slayer

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mito TB have really good tourque at low RPM (D mode). So it is easy to surprise other cars in acceleration. :D
It is no matter in which gear u have ... only hard push on pedal .... and bye bye :lol:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i did a track day in babe 2 went round with the instructor, chris, and he was well impressed with her 1.4 turbo 170bhp......and sounded so sweet too.....happy days:)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Yeah, I did that track in my MiTO too. My best moment was when I overtook a Ferrari :D (granted he was just warming up his tyres, but it felt good). Unfortunately my car was the 2nd slowest on track but then I suppose my little MiTO didn't stand much of chance against Lotuses and Maseratis. :lol:

Check out the pics here! :thumbs:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not in a MiTo, but in my 1.3Ti Alfasud, at Le Mans on Mad Friday in 2005 or 2006, chasing a Pagini Zonda down Mulsanne straight and towards Arnage corner. Kept up as there was a lot of darting in and out of traffic.... There is a video tape of it somewhere, must dig it out....

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I have the qv and had a new full ragazzon and dyno remap and got it up to 194 bhp with around 250lb torque.

Two most recent races, audi tt tdi, it was fairly slow to be honest and dusted him.
Last was vs a ford mondeo (sounds bad but it
was the 240bhp version) and there was not alot in it, mabye he had the edge

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
When i say this and before people start crying like they normaly do im not talking about an official drag race or around a track, im talki g about dual carrageways and fast roads.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
:lol: That's not really anything to brag about m8, you could probably toast one of those with a 95bhp ;)

Have you tried launching in 2nd gear with the TB155? It's flippin awesome, the torque if phenomenal. I reckon it must knock off at least a second on the 0-60 time. :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
a few years back now tried to take on an mazda mps filtering onto a motorway (in my ignorance thought it was just a mazda 3 "sport" model or something, where they just add a spoiler and a badge and sell it as the top of the range model)

went well.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
375 Posts
a few years back now tried to take on an mazda mps filtering onto a motorway (in my ignorance thought it was just a mazda 3 "sport" model or something, where they just add a spoiler and a badge and sell it as the top of the range model)

went well.... :rolleyes:
The good old mazda mps the most unassuming hot hatch of the decade are they 270bp from standard? there is not many standard hot hatches that can keep up and when i see one i always have respect for the owner as they know exactly what the cars capable of doing:thumbs:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have the qv and had a new full ragazzon and dyno remap and got it up to 194 bhp with around 250lb torque.

Two most recent races, audi tt tdi, it was fairly slow to be honest and dusted him.
Last was vs a ford mondeo (sounds bad but it
was the 240bhp version) and there was not alot in it, mabye he had the edge
where did you get this done again towney i would do a search but iam lazy:lol: and did you have to source the exhaust yourself or was it all included?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Yer got it done at monza. they sourced it all and fitted. then i had to drive up to crawly to get it put on the dyno and remapped. was a fun drive home :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yer got it done at monza. they sourced it all and fitted. then i had to drive up to crawly to get it put on the dyno and remapped. was a fun drive home :)
Hmmm i am interested but skint etc but this is the route i will go when tuning my mito! If i could afford a bigger/hybrid turbo then i would but for everyday a good remap and exhaust system would make driving even better:thumbs:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was chuffed with my victory over the astra! hahah. The cops dont have vauxhalls up here, all fords and BMW traffic cars :p

So these ragazzon exhausts are the boy? Do they sound chavvy?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts