Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I posted an issue:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/technical-andamp-vehicle-assistance/#/forumsite/20947/topics/936537?page=1

Basically my drivers side window safety isn't available and my blowers aren't working but now there's a new problem with my passenger window.

My girlfriend pulled the passenger up using the switch and when it got to the top, I heard a small bang and now the window won't go up or down. It's not attached to the mechanism inside anymore, I can freely pull the window up and down with my hands.

Every time I press the window button you can hear something like a gear is going round and round but grating against something and doing nothing! I'm guessing something has snapped on the window motor or something but as I'm not overly clued up on cars any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well you were spot on, snapped cable on the regulator...

Now the question is, is it possible to replace the broken cable or will I need a new regulator? If I need to fit a new regulator is it a difficult job?

I've just had the door panel off and it's barely visible let alone accessible!

Thanks

·
Registered
606 Posts
Im based in West Midlands and have changed the window reg on my Brera, its an easy job... ish.

I bought one from Fleabay, not original Alfa but a copy, worked fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are there any guides on how to do this? Also, could someone let me know of one on eBay that would work? Don't want to go ordering the wrong one! Are the different for the drivers and passenger doors?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts