Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, how do you know if you are getting full throttle on fly by wire systems? I'm talking about the 2.5 V6 here but I guess it applies to any of this type.

With the intake pipe off and the ignition on, pressing the pedal all the way down only opens the butterfly valve a fraction.

The only reason I ask is that when accelerating, the last 20mm or so of throttle travel seems to make no difference to the speed of the car, no increase in induction noise etc.

I'd love to know how to check this as I'm not sure I am actually getting full throttle when required. I've connected a scanner which reads live data but the figures it gives me don't really mean anything. (to me anyway)

Thanks,
Andy.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
full throttle on any car is never at the end of travel, its usually about 80% of travel:thumbs:

drive another one to see if its different of get it on a rolling road:thumbs:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Full throttle at 80%? Maybe that is right for fly by wire I suppose. I know on cable throttle the throttle pedal stop would always co-incide with full throttle on the butterly. Any more pedal movement would push the butterfly over centre and jam in the bore.

I wonder if you can take any resistance measurements from the potentiometer to work it out. Failing that, does anyone own a V6 and wouldn't mind me driving it? I'm near Clevedon, just south of Bristol.;)

·
0 Posts
Alfadiag will tell you this kinda thing, throttle valve angle etc *disclaimer* I think :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts