Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok soon enough Im going to be a position to have my 146 restored to its former glory. So it will be engine out for either a full rebuild or maybe a 2.5 v6. I want the whole shell cleaned, welded, painted and anything else it needs. Does anyone on here do this kind of work or know anyone who does for a decent price?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeh i can do the shell for you. Dependent on finishing u want and how indepth a shell restore u want depends on price and its not as cheap as u may think for v6 connversion

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
A lot of money to spend on an old car that has bottomed out in value.

Do you have a garage? If you have the time and the motivation to do it then it would be far more rewarding to do it yourself. That is my eventual plan with my 145.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ransoman, I would love to do it myself but I don't have the facilities to carry out such a project. For now I can only dream of having a garage. Plus I don't have much faith in my bodywork skills and since I want the job done properly Id rather someone with experience help me out. I agree with you about the money thing but its something I love so Im prepared to spend the money :)

Zender maybe we can talk prices if I give you a full run down of what I want? The engine conversion is the least of my worries really. Ive not long converted it from a 1.6 to a 2.0 anyway. I may even just go for some high lift cams for a lil more grunt.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes anytime you wish you pm me and i will give you my number and chat through what you require. We are in the south of england but you wouldnt be disappointed in the finish.
I have recently finished me 3.0l v6 145

1 - 5 of 5 Posts