Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The July edition of Quattroruote has a full road test of the Quadrifoglio, albeit the manual version which seems unlikely to come to UK.

They DO like it A LOT. Not that an Italian magazine is at all biased, of course.

I wonder how long the price announced yesterday will hold, following the referendum outcome.

Andy

·
Registered
178 Posts
The July edition of Quattroruote has a full road test of the Quadrifoglio, albeit the manual version which seems unlikely to come to UK.

They DO like it A LOT. Not that an Italian magazine is at all biased, of course.

I wonder how long the price announced yesterday will hold, following the referendum outcome.

Andy
I'd expect the price to have been reviewed already as even though the £/Euro slippage has been relatively slight so far, it'd still have been enough to add £2k or so to the £59k quoted yesterday. I guess we'll find out next week as I'm told that's when dealers will start talking to customers that have displayed an interest about deposits/orders for the QF.

As worrying is that a potentially higher price might dampen interest/demand to the extent that the switch of the production line to the RHD configuration will be delayed? That said, all foreign imports from the continent will be impacted in a similar way, but as mentioned in other threads, discounts will be possibly easier to come by with the established German counterparts?

·
Registered
7,714 Posts

Andy
Not 'unlikely' that the manual will come to the UK, it is a definite no.

The exchange rate is not the only thing to worry about. Those purchasing from 1st April next year need to be concerned about the road tax for the QF.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vehicle-excise-duty/vehicle-excise-duty

·
Registered
178 Posts
August edition will have a handling and ride comparison between Giulia AUDI A4 BMW M3 and Merc C Class

this is the actual video preview without any comments from Quattroruote until August, but a few keen eagle eyes are commenting the Alfa appears more fluid

https://www.facebook.com/Quattroruote/videos/vb.301191491257/10154922686571258/?type=2&theater
Something that struck me when I compared the German competition 'in the flesh' @ Goodwood last weekend was the infotainment dashboard integration. Clearly shown in the above clips, I can't believe that with double din sized screens being the norm within dashboard set-ups for several years now, all 3 German offerings have what appears to be screens that are 'bolted on' to the top of the dashboard and looking ugly and out of place IMHO! Notwithstanding, the negative feedback about the functionality of the Giulia set-up, the way it is integrated into the lines of the dashboard is classy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts