Alfa Romeo Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
13,870 Posts
Its simple Ian, the research has been done for you already. MP, Guili and Prince Nero have new generation cars that have been tuned in basically the same way. One uses a piggyback that, thank GOD, can be tuned, others have files stored on their ECU's. Depends what you want.

I'd go with how MP tuned his car...do a DP, they are not that expensive and then import the Novitec or Spider tuning box and set it to a little higher since you're at the coast. Also do drop in filter, I'm not familiar with the 159Ti intake pipe layout, does MP have a CAI or a drop in filter?

Those 2 or 3 mods won't cost you near R10k but will improve the drivability of the car so much more.

· Registered
3,735 Posts
Ital, yes through and through! Loved it since 2005 but didn't like the previous look with the wheels not filling the arches enough. When the new generation was introduced I bought one immidiately and was also immidiately surprised by the ride, handling, braking and overall quality. I'm so glad I didn't settle for a G a year earlier. Most of my friends who bought Giuliettas, have now bought Ti's...

I got a PM from MP over the weekend. It is amazing how much can be gained from doing relatively little! And them people say Alfas are not tunable! :wow:

I'd like to have one or two power mods done but will need to do some research first.
Are you insulting me, Ian? I drive a G, you know...
Just kidding, bru!
I can understand your affinity for the 159. Its a sleek, handsome sedan from any angle.. My neighbour owns a fairly new tbi in dark blue. Yesterday a black 159 ti with black mags was parked outside my flat. Stunning! I had to take a pic of it. It had GP plates.

· Registered
7,642 Posts
Drop in on 159
K&N 57i on the mito

· Registered
13,870 Posts
There you go Ian.

Now just decide on what tuning box you want.

· Registered
10,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Guili that's not the type of research I mean. I know what to do, I just need to confirm what it sounds like with the filter and DP, does it throw out errors, do components like gearboxes etc get damaged with the increased torque...

I'll go with Novitec.

Another thing: I've been reading up on how people diss our fuel with statements like "poor quality" etc when our fuel is pretty damn good when compared to the rubbish they put into their cars in europe. Our fuel might have lower octane ratings, but quality (water content and cleanliness) is actually very good. And, european TBi engines boost to 1.2 bar and sometimes 1.3 when all the witchcraft happens at the same time. On our 95 octane fuel, my car can boost to 1.4 bar with no issues. That already says a lot...

...so with the tuning box installed she should be able to make some serious horses, which I like! :thumbs:

· Registered
13,870 Posts
Of course this is a risk you must be willing to take when you are increasing a car's performance over and above what it left the factory with.

MP will be able to tell you if he's gearbox feels abit loose, if there is biting issues. I've been running 420Nm through the gearbox for a over 20000km without any issues, just a gearbox link issue that is/was common on certain GQV's. Prince Nero drives the **** out of his SavSpeed Tuned GQV and he's had no gearbox issues.

I think they said the torque limit for GQV was/is 450Nm?

It will sound insane, no drone with a DP alone, again speak to MP. I'd say just mimick the mods he has since he's had it for long, thus you KNOW it will work and it is reliable. Best thing is you can remove the box when it goes to Gary Green.

· Registered
2,427 Posts
Yes, speak to Pere...ag sorry, Yster...he swears he got 10wkw with it:cheese:
Sound alone was worth 10wkw.. :cheese:

Fuel efficiency was a little better.. If I have to venture a guess I would say 10 more torque and 3-4kw's for BMC in the GMA

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.